Plastic track

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
What do the smaller 4 parts do?

They look like the extension pieces from 7357 https://playmodb.org/setpics/7/7357.jpg If that is the same thing, they are just extension pieces.

I didn't recognize the adaptor Xav displayed. The same adaptor set with same set number has a variant with a different kind of adapter:
7562.jpg

Last edited:

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I have simpler version from the one in the original photo which I will photograph and post.

I don't know why the French set has wires as you can only use the plastic and metal tracks together with RC locos.

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Best answers
Country flag
To answer to Greg about the smaller parts :
Depends on the layout you are installing
It can happen it miss 2 cms or more when you link the first track to the last track
( when the tracks bring the train to the start point after a little travel ... )
Then these smaller parts are really helpful to "close" the circuit

SophieB

Registered
24 Sep 2017
Elizabeth City, NC, USA
Best answers
Country flag
We found that black plastic track will expand and contract a LOT of used outside in full sun. As long as the track is free floating on whatever you use for roadbed it was fine, try to fasten it down in anyway was a bad idea.

Walts-Playmobil

Playmobil Trains.
24 Oct 2009
North Wales
www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
When Playmobil changed over from the track powered locos using LGB track to their plastic track for the radio controlled train they produced adaptor rails. There were two types made. The first just clipped on to the LGB track and you just pushed the Playmobil track on to it. The second one was just a short section and you could either remove the LGB rail connector or use it by cutting the LGB track and pushing it on the LGB track and connecting the Playmobil plastic track to it.
The short sections in the packet were for use with the Playmobil plastic track were short extensions were required, i.e. when making a figure 8 ect. These are still available spares number 7357100_5032 A.jpg

aView attachment 250801100_5024 D.jpg100_5026 D.jpg100_5028 C.jpg100_5030 B.jpg

Polarblair

Registered
25 Aug 2023
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Bit of a necro post but If anyone is interested, I'm developing a slim version at the moment designed to fit under the approx 12mm protruding brass track between the last sleeper and the playmobil plastic track. I've made it so it locks into both the playmobil track as well as the brass track as per the original with the addition of a couple of countersunk screw holes to take a 3mm screw. I'll post a pic when its ready.

Last edited: