Piko track

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
I ordered a single 280mm length of PIKO track. It was delivered today. I bought it wanting to compare it with my LGB.
It is reasonable alternative. The plastic sleepers are shinier than the LGB and they are less weathered.
Service from the supplier was exemplary and postage for that one length was just 0.99p whereas it actually cost them £2,95!
Sarah Winfield

Reactions: 1 user

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Good for you, Sarah.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Seems a good deal:cool:,I use LGB,Piko and Peco all together without any problems and a few bits of Aristo too.

Last edited:

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Mix and match here. All seem good. But all points are LGB.

Last edited:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I currently have LGB, Piko, and Aristocraft, the only issue I have is the frog on the Aristocraft are not deep enough!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

O.Olesen

Registered
4 Mar 2018
Aarhus, Denmark
Best answers
I have noticed a slight difference on the turnouts. The PIKO R5 series has a rather deep notch for the tongues leaving a sharpe edge when tongue is in opposite position - this often makes very light waggons with plastic wheels derail when turning out. Problem is easily fixed by filing away the edge. LGB turnouts do not have this problem.

1to3

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
14 Sep 2015
Best answers
Country flag
Has anyone else seen the info piko put in their emails about their track quality. Seems they are sharing some info about why they say their track is the best?