Piko Tee Db 111 Multiple-unite Train

Thomas

Registered
17 Dec 2015
Dorset
Best answers
I am a new member to this forum.
I model in G scale and, I would like to ask the forum if any one has brought the Piko TEE Multiple-Unit, and how have they found this in reliability (and any problems found).
Also did they fit a decoder/ sound unit either the Piko or another (eg Massoth).

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Thomas!

I don't have a TEE, though I have done Massoth XLS installs into a couple of Piko locos including a BR24, which was pretty simple to do. I think the Piko decoders (which are re-badged Uhlenbrocks, I believe) are even easier, a straight plug-and-play operation.

Hope you find GSC both useful and fun. :)

Jon.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
I chipped this earlier this year for a mate, We used a massoth XLS sound card. Fairly easy to do but maybe not a starters model!
DSC06275 (Small).JPG

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Fairly easy to do but maybe not a starters model!

Made easier than it might have been as Piko have designed the wiring with multi pin connectors throughout as long a multiple unit as you wish. This permits speakers at both ends and control over both motors and all lights from one decoder/sound unit. It does mean you need to pay close attention to the instructions.
One weakness I've noticed is the connectors to the motor blocks. I have found them to work loose on occasion and they don't seem as robust as similar LGB connections.