Piko/LGB Size Compatibilty

TonyMP52

Registered
25 Feb 2018
Faversham
Best answers
Country flag
Can anyone advise on size compatibility between the Piko Taurus loco and LGB German rolling stock such as cat number 30310? I've seen a Taurus and it's pretty darn big but does it match LGB standard gauge stock given the sometimes rubber ruler approach?

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Can anyone advise on size compatibility between the Piko Taurus loco and LGB German rolling stock such as cat number 30310? I've seen a Taurus and it's pretty darn big but does it match LGB standard gauge stock given the sometimes rubber ruler approach?
I've got several Taurus locos and BR218s. I can't get to much of my rolling stock ATM to take photos. PIKO tend to use a scale of around 1/26 so I am told. Here is a short video of one of my 218s with a rake of LGB mainline DB coaches to give you some idea. Personally I don't think they will look out of place.

TonyMP52

Registered
25 Feb 2018
Faversham
Best answers
Country flag
I've got several Taurus locos and BR218s. I can't get to much of my rolling stock ATM to take photos. PIKO tend to use a scale of around 1/26 so I am told. Here is a short video of one of my 218s with a rake of LGB mainline DB coaches to give you some idea. Personally I don't think they will look out of place.
Thank you kindly Mike - very helpful.