PIKO G Curved switches

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
whatlep said:
Deutsche Reichsbahn said:
Okay, sent the e-mail this morning, and got the following reply a few minutes ago:

"Thanks for this information. I will see what I can do about it. I will forward this Message to our responsible Department and give you an answer as soon as I have one. Have a nice day."

Stay tuned ;)

Tuned and with fingers crossed! Thank you for your efforts so far. :clap:
Drifting the thread massively, have any other NL retailers made any comment about the LGB point issue?
Haven't heard anything about the LGB points ever since. Seemed to be a Grootspoor initiative then 8|

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
Got a reply this morning at 9AM.

"Hi Willem, I got following information about it:
It's a problem that's already known by PIKO. We already did some changes there. Seems like the guys with this problem own some of the "older" R5 swichtes. We feel really sorry about this. I don't know if this is a satisfying answer. But that's all I have for you. Hope I could help. Kind regards."

Good to hear it's 'only' the older switches, and the new ones are fixed. Still doesn't solve the issue for the other guys around here though... I'd say, contact your retailer and bring them back under warranty?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers

It's a problem that's already known by PIKO. We already did some changes there. Seems like the guys with this problem own some of the "older" R5 swichtes. We feel really sorry about this. I don't know if this is a satisfying answer. But that's all I have for you. Hope I could help. Kind regards."

Good to hear it's 'only' the older switches, and the new ones are fixed. Still doesn't solve the issue for the other guys around here though... I'd say, contact your retailer and bring them back under warranty?
Well it's something, though we only know because GSC has a privileged access into the company. At least we have Piko's word that the problem is/was a real one and has been addressed. Therefore any defective points are definitely candidates for a free exchange at Piko's expense.
6 out of 10: could have done better (my personal view).

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
yes they could have done a LOT better.
it is a shame as they are a good product otherwise.

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
whatlep said:

Well it's something, though we only know because GSC has a privileged access into the company. At least we have Piko's word that the problem is/was a real one and has been addressed. Therefore any defective points are definitely candidates for a free exchange at Piko's expense.
6 out of 10: could have done better (my personal view).
Under warranty or not, you may find that as this is a manufacturing fault you are entitled to a replacement for up to six years after purchase. I can check this with trading standards, but I believe this is EU law.
We bought a washing machine just over 2 years ago, in the 2 year warranty the pump failed twice and recently the bearings failed as have the dampers. Now the bearing and damper failure happened out of warranty, but as we were able to prove (through an independent inspection (paid for by Panasonic)) that it was a manufacturing fault, Panasonic were liable for full repairs. Now comes the fun, the engineers were unable to obtain the spares within a certain time period, so we challenged Panasonic. Our kitchen is now graced with a free, top of the range washing machine, with another years warranty.
Certain items have an expected life span, whether it be a kitchen appliance or model railway points. At the end of the day Piko's points are designed for the garden railway market, which includes being outdoors in harsh environments and carrying currents. This they have failed at which counts as being 'unfit for purpose'. Faulty points should be returned to the retailer. I think this is the only way to let Piko know just how serious this problem is.
Don't shrug your shoulders and accept it, it's your money that you are paying for faulty goods with.

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Anyone just watching The Gadget Show on 5? They just confirmed everything I have said above. What's the chances of that!?!

nicebutdim

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Sunny Surrey (Ha)
Best answers
Country flag
Is there any idea when these points may make it to our shelves? My 2nd station could really do with one.