Piko Curved Points

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
gep4 said:
no check rails ? are they such large radius that check rails are deemed not necessary! i am very surprised !

Daft as anything in the real world the larger the radius and the shallower the angle the more risk of a train going the wrong way...hence when you get up to really huge points and shallow angles you need to instal swing nose crossings.....now which manufacture will be the first to do them in G-Scale?

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
mike said:
ah older new switches..all 6 month old.. explains a lot..
Could be just old ones that have been in stock for a long time. I bought my V60 a few months ago, and it was one of the first production series.

KeithT said:
It' s shame they didn't bother to reply to my two emails or the UK importers emails setting out the problems.
As we bought early ones it seems we are 'expendable' as there was no offer to remedy the problem or even acknowledge to us that there were problems..
Agree.

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
KeithT said:
Deutsche Reichsbahn said:
This is the answer I got from my contact at PIKO when the wiring issues were brought up the last time:

It's a problem that's already known by PIKO. We already did some changes there. Seems like the guys with this problem own some of the "older" R5 swichtes.

So, don't expect problems with these curved switches. If you do, immediately contact PIKO, or me. I will then forward it to them.
It' s shame they didn't bother to reply to my two emails or the UK importers emails setting out the problems.
As we bought early ones it seems we are 'expendable' as there was no offer to remedy the problem or even acknowledge to us that there were problems..
Ditto. I haven't had any issues with any of my Piko R3 points, but nor have I had a reply to my two polite notes sent on behalf of GSC. Piko's customer service impressed me in their early G scale days when they went out of their way to help me, sending a part for free that I'd lost through my own fault, but not on the points issue.

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
I got chance to have a look at the underside today.
Looks like the standard Piko layout and the screws are VERY tight the same as the R5 points I have so quality control appears to have improved.......Time will tell!!!!!!