Piko BR80

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Trying to read a Piko 36121 digital decoder with a sprog and the JRMI software, does anybody know what type of decoder I should tell the software it is ? the Loco also has a Piko 36193 sound module fitted so don't know if that will interfere with reading the decoder.

Gardenbahner

Registered
10 Jul 2013
Best answers
My BR80 was fitted with an Uhlenbrock decoder supplied by PIKO.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
My BR80 was fitted with an Uhlenbrock decoder supplied by PIKO.

Ok thanks will try telling it that's what it is, at the moment it knows there is a decoder fitted but it can't decide what it is :)

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
If it is a piko decoder it will be a rebadged Massoth XL. The sound module is a rebadged Uhlenbrock IS3. The sound module is connected via SUSI so it will not affect reading the motor decoder.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
If it is a piko decoder it will be a rebadged Massoth XL. The sound module is a rebadged Uhlenbrock IS3. The sound module is connected via SUSI so it will not affect reading the motor decoder.

It in theory it has the decoder made for it by Piko and the sound unit to suit, didn't get the chance last night to try to read the decoder but will try tonight thanks.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
It was happy to read it as a Massoth XL, so now it's re-numbered and ready to run thanks. Got a feeling it has more sounds than I can access on an LGB handset.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
........Got a feeling it has more sounds than I can access on an LGB handset.

Almost certainly yes! ;)
Having said that, even if you can't access the sounds to trigger them as you want, some of them may still come on randomly as part of the "standing sounds"....

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Finally stopped raining so got chance to run it, for what it cost quite happy, came with decoder and sound fitted along with smoke not sure the smoker works yet, it does have more sounds it occasionally sounds a guards whistle :)

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
As mentioned if it is the PIKO sound module then it is a rebadged Uhlenbrock IS3 sound module. There is a thread somewhere on here by me that lists all the sounds available. I'll see if I can find it.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Took it apart so I could swap the double buffers to the single so it matches the rest of my LGB stock. Pic below shows it is the Piko decoder and sound module, unfortunately the smoke unit doesn't work, I love the eBay get out they put when they know it doesn't work "I had no smoke fluid so could not test the smoke function " so i disconnected it and removed it all together.

Sounds are

1-
2 Sound on / off
3-
4-
5 Whistle
6 Bell
7 Uncoupling
8 Sound Fade in / out

I will have to have a play now and see if I can get the conductors whistle instead of having two ways to turn the sound on / off

decoder.jpg