Best answers
Country flag

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Have one here but its not in use!!!

Two wires just the same but the biggest differance is its size....Compared to the LGB version its HUge:wits::wits::wits:

Does come with rubber seals on it and looks more robust but for me its non standard so i just use it as my programing motor:clap:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks. That was helpful.:clap:

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Madman said:
Thanks. That was helpful.:clap:

For what it's worth, a Piko machine has been outside alongside LGB equivalents for over 12 months now with no real difference between the brands. The Piko ones are better weatherproofed (no water inside when flooded!). In frosty weather, the Piko ones seem less likely to suffer a frozen tiebar in the point machine, but since the point tiebar freezes just the same, it's a bit academic. Bottom line, it's a drop in replacement and provided the extra size of the Piko offering isn't an issue, the Piko switch machines are fine.

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
Chalk's have both LGB and Piko in stock

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
At Garden Railway Centre (Cheltenham) just after the non-Apocalypse:

LGB motor £21.34
Piko motor £27.08

Having used both, I'd say just go with whichever is cheapest. As Paul has written, LGB's motors will survive being wet. Some of mine have been under a foot (300mm) of water more than once and - once cleaned - worked just fine afterwards.

bigjack

Railways of all shapes and sizes G 00 and big en's
24 Oct 2009
On the sunny North Coast of Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I bought my Piko point motors from Dragon G Scale. I think they were less than £20.