Piko 4 leg water tower.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I upgraded the water tower a few years ago when it came home from Glendale,the thing looked spindly and toyish but could be made to look the part so I made some modifications, adding just a few bits to the original model,I don`t remember posting it before so appologies if I did,being outside 24/7 has left it a little weather beaten and has been on my rountoit list for some time.The main difference is the amount of legs and cross spars to the base and were all knife grained before assembly although I did keep all of the original parts to reuse in the modification and bolts added for a little more realism,the water glass gauge was added but the stick on numbers have long gone so a new one of plastic numbers to be made and fitted,the spout has been fitted with balance weights and the action runs through a couple of boat rigging pulleys which do the job well,the rear of the spout needs repair after a huge wind storm sent it down the garden and broke the lug off the back and the elastic tank bands have stretched too far and long gone,the tank deck made bigger and appears more like it could hold the tank up now and a ladder added as the original never had one.It replaced a quick build balsa item that I threw together when I first started outside.All I have done so far is a glue test on some of the new tank banding and appears fine so its carry on and get it done. Pics show the original item and the upgrades,probably needs a repaint too;);)Tower REDO 002.jpgTower REDO 004.jpgTower REDO 003.jpg

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice. You could use it to pour a nice cup of tea on a cold winter's day. :)

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Best answers
Country flag
….IF you like COLD TEA, or add ice cubes for iced tea.
I don't like either, but possibly a Martini, if you keep your Gin in the freezer....!!

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Its black coffee for me,stronger the better:cool:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Calling this done now,some grey wash over some of the tower frame to fade it back a little,fill level gauge made and added to replace the old original sticker, all the metalwork now painted out in black,tank bands fitted and painted and the "keep off" sign re done, a little rust added for good measure,ready to go outside,;).TOWER 2 006.jpgTOWER 2 003.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Casey,just found the original post of the bash,,,,,2014!!! ! !!! so should last a few years longer.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just a small question : how do you make these nuts ?

View attachment 258517
Very simple,I use 20thou black plasticard for the plates as saves painting cut into small squares and 60thou square rod for the bolt heads in this case but any size rod will do according to the size of bolt heads you need and a spot of polystyrene cement.touch up the rod with some black and some rust as pic shows.Hope that helps,;);).Rio

Reactions: 1 user

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
This looks good but not for European ?, does anybody know if there is a single style platform mounted one available anywhere please

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
This looks good but not for European ?, does anybody know if there is a single style platform mounted one available anywhere please
Would the Playmobil one work, was on offer fromPM direct at a very good price recently. Cheep enough to be hacked about for what you may need. Google this:-

playmobil western water tower

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Would the Playmobil one work, was on offer fromPM direct at a very good price recently. Cheep enough to be hacked about for what you may need. Google this:-

playmobil western water tower

Yes, I'd thought of that a a possibility. Here it is on offer, too:

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all, Apologies for not getting back to you a lot sooner, I found one on Ebay but its vanished again so poss sold out.
Think it was a 3d one, no hurry so will keep looking,

Many thanks again.