PIKO 37240 Analogue BR50 ##### NOW AVAILABLE #####

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Great video, think I'll be in need of some more DR wagons for the loco to haul when it arrives......
Have you bought one then?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
A really nice Loco and such a shame that it is not true Gauge 1 Scale. The Elastic ruler is probably seen to slightly better effect of the Gauge Discrepancy in the Picture below, the Wheels should be pretty much below the inside of the Buffers for correct Gauge. Had it been right I may have considered a Digital Sound one to convert to Battery DCC to take to Gauge 1 meets. Oh well that saved me some dosh!
39ACCCB3-5D7F-42D8-BABF-2DD46D205430.jpeg
but of course non of this stops me showing a few more pics of those loverly East German 50’s. The top two are of a stonking run we had back in 1985, yes in the bad old days of the East. There was a Teatime Commuter run from Aue to Johanngeorgenstadt just on the Tschechien (Check) border. Difficult to believe that a 50 could storm away at such speeds through such superb Scenery but she did. The second pic of 50 3616 is at Schwarzenegger where what one of my mates described as a “Chimps Tea Party” was in full swing.

The bottom two Pictures show 50’s in the Aue Area and show that 50’s would be just as happy running Tender First on both Passenger as seen Top Right after the return from Johanngeorgenstadt and also Freight Trains. Please note new owners of 50’s!
BE9C86B9-E8E6-42A7-84E6-97FD437CCCBF.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
Wonderful pictures, Jon!
As the differences will not that big in G scale (mainly tub style tender, cab windows, cylinder, front apron (right word?), lamp holder), I could imagine that PIKO will announce soon the class 52 as the next model.

On the left - class 50.35xx on the right - class 52.80xx

1573221113481.png 1573221380248.png

Reactions: 1 user

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Have you bought one then?

Not bought it yet but pre-ordered the sound-fitted version from The Hobby Shop at Faversham.

From my experience of buying Piko HO sound-fitted models there is normally a gap between the release of the analogue version and the release of the sound-fitted model. I would expect the sound-fitted version towards the end of the year, beginning of next year. Piko also have a habit of releasing models at phased intervals rather than all at once.

No problem there as the EG&SNNR is closed down for the winter!!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not bought it yet but pre-ordered the sound-fitted version from The Hobby Shop at Faversham.

From my experience of buying Piko HO sound-fitted models there is normally a gap between the release of the analogue version and the release of the sound-fitted model. I would expect the sound-fitted version towards the end of the year, beginning of next year. Piko also have a habit of releasing models at phased intervals rather than all at once.

No problem there as the EG&SNNR is closed down for the winter!!
No Santa Trains Keith? Very surprised.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
I would appear to be well and truly in the mire (or some other noxious substance). Much explaining to do in the morning when things have calmed down (hopefully). I only popped down to the shop to buy a Euromillions ticket never anticipating such a swift delivery, bearing in mind DHL advised it was loaded onto a plane on Sunday morning. SWMBO answered the door to the courier to be greeted with a box which is slightly larger than the fridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
P1090148a _2_.jpgP1090147a _2_.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ooops! :eek:

Remember.. It is easier to seek forgiveness, than permission before the fact.. ;):nod::nod:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
But what's in the box?

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
But what's in the box?
Now is definitely NOT the time to open it. If she (wmbo) goes out tomorrow, I'll chance it and if not raining try and take some piccies. The exact nature of the contents have not been admitted to, but the sender's name (Modellbau Fischer) and location (Germany) are a bit of a giveaway as to the likely subject. We've not yet reached any amicable discussion in relation to cost.

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I would appear to be well and truly in the mire (or some other noxious substance). Much explaining to do in the morning when things have calmed down (hopefully). I only popped down to the shop to buy a Euromillions ticket never anticipating such a swift delivery, bearing in mind DHL advised it was loaded onto a plane on Sunday morning. SWMBO answered the door to the courier to be greeted with a box which is slightly larger than the fridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 258774View attachment 258773

Did Thomas give you his customary Haribo, hes my general go to guy for G scale offers fantastic service, and stupidly fast postage compared to the UK sellers.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Haribo?

I have had Massoth 'noodles' used as packaging before now.. :giggle:

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Did Thomas give you his customary Haribo, hes my general go to guy for G scale offers fantastic service, and stupidly fast postage compared to the UK sellers.
Oh yus, but different sort to the last shipment. Same size bag regardless of the value of the order, but hey it's free and as I'm always being told 'its the thought that counts'. Hoping to post some photos later.

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Oh yus, but different sort to the last shipment. Same size bag regardless of the value of the order, but hey it's free and as I'm always being told 'its the thought that counts'. Hoping to post some photos later.

Well its more than you get from the UK or at least what i seem to get. i suppose you now have a million and 1 foam bits to get rid of.

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Have just looked at the Piko website and see that the sound-fitted version still not yet released - and still showing due end of November....

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Well its more than you get from the UK or at least what i seem to get. i suppose you now have a million and 1 foam bits to get rid of.
Thomas appears to have joined the Plastic Pollution Coalition. Not a piece of foam or polystyrene in sight (apart from the preformed trays in the big red box) only scrunched up brown wrapping paper which was more than adequate.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Thomas appears to have joined the Plastic Pollution Coalition. Not a piece of foam or polystyrene in sight (apart from the preformed trays in the big red box) only scrunched up brown wrapping paper which was more than adequate.
I thought you said it was too risky to open the box :oops::oops:

C'mon, show all :blush:

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
I thought you said it was too risky to open the box :oops::oops:

C'mon, show all :blush:
She was out Rhino, but I didn't chance giving it a spin round the garden. Just as well because she came back two hours earlier than she'd said she would. First impressions - a superb model. I did sense it was rather delicate though and lacked the 'robustness' of LGB offerings. The BR24 & BR64 I've already got have a similar feel. Reminded me of the PIKO N gauge I had back in the eighties. Anyway here's what I managed to snap. Note the detail add-ons are still in the bag.
P1090153 _2_.JPGP1090154 _2_.JPGP1090155 _2_.JPGP1090157 _2_.JPGP1090158 _2_.JPGP1090159 _2_.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
SO..................

Are the front-steps in the bag of bits? :think: