dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just recently someone mentioned this TV Program as part of their growing up diet. Have to say this wetted my appite to see some and find out some information. There is plenty of information on Wiki
Petticoat Junction - Wikipedia
Plus many of the episodes are present on YouTube as well as a full length film.
Me being me I also had a look round to see how the Train may be recreated. Not such an easy task this one, you only ever see (well in the episodes I have so far seen s1 up to no.14) a 4-6-0 Loco, Combine and a Hand Cart on the rails. The coach is a tricky one only having 4 WINDOWS. THE aristo or perhaps Piko Combine may work for length but not on the End Balconies (Aristo) or number of windows (Piko). The only one that I have found with the requisite number of Passenger Windows (4) is the origininal LGB D&RGW Yellow one, but this is way too longnand has a Window in front of the Luggage Space. Further problems with the Loco will be discovered if trying to replicate the Train. The only RTR 4-6-0 is the Bachman Tweetsy One. This is 3ft Gauge one and totally wrong for the standard gauge locomotive used in the program.

All of the Stations appear to be just a Building or a Hotel with Water Crane, no doubt as the line where filming took place would have had much larger Stations that this little romps producers of a backwood line hankered for.

Well worth a watch for a bit of nostalgia and innocent TV. But that Billy Jo, wow! Sadly deceased in her late 50’’s, what a tradgedy.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I do remember it, but a lot of the detail has gone as i fill my head the other C**P.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
The loco is Sierra Railroad number 3 It has a huge listing of films and TV shows it has appeared in Not least Back to the Future 111 where it appears as number 131 I think if you aren't looking for s scale reproduction you can resort to the Bachmann Annie I ll try and post a picture of one of my Annie's masquerading as 131 as per Back to the Future 111

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The loco is Sierra Railroad number 3 It has a huge listing of films and TV shows it has appeared in Not least Back to the Future 111 where it appears as number 131 I think if you aren't looking for s scale reproduction you can resort to the Bachmann Annie I ll try and post a picture of one of my Annie's masquerading as 131 as per Back to the Future 111

Will you need to go back in time to take the photograph? o_O:think:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I know this is too much modelers "license", but the bmann spectrum 2-6-0s with the long rear driver, are not only really close in my book, but are truly magnificent runners and models. If you want this type of loco and look....and, i did! Delicate, but holy moly, spectacular to watch and run. And this from a loyal red boxer.

As for petticoat junction, as a kid, anything with a train was enough to overcome the corn pone humor. Same shtick as green acres. Mildly entertaining, and then, irksome.

Otoh, indeed pj inspired me to have an au naturel preiser female beauty relaxing in one of my water tanks....young minds are indeed impressionable...lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Talking of old TV and trains,what about Casey Jones(Alan Hale)and Iron Horse(Dale Robertson)as Ben Calhoune,winning the railroad in a card game as I recall,the BPS&D,liked both of them as a kid;);):cool:.

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
Talking of old TV and trains,what about Casey Jones(Alan Hale)and Iron Horse(Dale Robertson)as Ben Calhoune,winning the railroad in a card game as I recall,the BPS&D,liked both of them as a kid;);):cool:.
I did say I would post a few picks of my incarnation based on an Annie of Sierra Railroad 3 in its Back to The Future guise as 131
Enjoyed the witticisms after my last post, afraid I had to catch up with the Future before postingIMG_5908.JPGIMG_5909.JPGIMG_5911.JPGIMG_5908.JPGIMG_5911.JPG

Reactions: 2 users