Peckforton Light Railway - running session

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
The fine weather has given me an opportunity to run some trains. Had a chance to integrate new traffic to and from the sand quarry and the brewery into my normal running schedule. Thrown up some interesting challenges ......

Anyhow, here's a video. Sorry, it's a bit longer than my usual ones. Hope some of you enjoy it.

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice Rik, some interesting different locations for the clips.

Thomas Lambo

RC, wood craftsmanship & culinary arts
7 Aug 2016
Southern California
Best answers
Hi Rik,

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed watching it.

You've incorporated some features I've been planning for.....stream, water wheel and a beautiful via-duct.

I reviewed your blog and was happy to see step by step instructions on how you built these features....and my compliments on a very comprehensive blog full of valuable information for GR enthusiasts :)

Thomas

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Rik,

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed watching it.

You've incorporated some features I've been planning for.....stream, water wheel and a beautiful via-duct.

I reviewed your blog and was happy to see step by step instructions on how you built these features....and my compliments on a very comprehensive blog full of valuable information for GR enthusiasts :)

Thomas
Thanks Thomas
I'm glad you've found some useful info on my blog. Basically, I just post all sorts of information on there in the hope there are one or two things which might be of interest - even if it's a case of, "Well, I certainly wouldn't do it like that!"

Rik

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice video Rik! I'm happy to see that after the winter break your pointwork is still so smooth-running that the down train for pick-up goods can easily move the lever! (min. 02:08)

Andreas

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice video Rik! I'm happy to see that after the winter break your pointwork is still so smooth-running that the down train for pick-up goods can easily move the lever! (min. 02:08)

Andreas
Thanks Andreas. It always amazes me that LGB manual point levers end up full of soil after a couple of years and need to be dismantled and cleaned out. This style of lever is a lot easier to keep cleaned.

Rik