Pearse locos

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Anybody know how many if any of the Europa and Ithion European style engines were made? I am guessing not many as I cannot say I have ever seen one other than in my Pearse catalog. I am looking for one of them or one of the generic UK style engines like Auric or Genesis. Just has to be 45mm gauge or adjustable. I have their wonderful 0-4-0 Switcher, just missed out on the Colorado 2-6-0 mate to it as it was out of budget after shipping and exchange rate was dealt with. AD

Reactions: 1 user

robertdcc

Registered
14 Mar 2020
Loughborough
Best answers
Country flag
Anybody know how many if any of the Europa and Ithion European style engines were made? I am guessing not many as I cannot say I have ever seen one other than in my Pearse catalog. I am looking for one of them or one of the generic UK style engines like Auric or Genesis. Just has to be 45mm gauge or adjustable. I have their wonderful 0-4-0 Switcher, just missed out on the Colorado 2-6-0 mate to it as it was out of budget after shipping and exchange rate was dealt with. AD

At least two Europas were made! There is a lovely lined one here
LL Locomotive and there is the unlined one that was mine, but sadly someone else's now.

I hope you find one!

Robert

Attachments

• Europa.jpg
    Europa.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 0

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for posting Philip and Robert. They are a really nice engine and would go well with my LGB rolling stock. I really love the heavy duty build quality of the old Pearse engines, something that just feels lacking the Accucraft UK engines I have owned. I had a Frank S but keeping the tender bath warm enough to run in colder weather was a hassle and Finescale Engieneer nolonger offers the replacement fuel tanks that fit in the locomotive. I will keep hunting one of the Europas or the Generic UK engines like Auric or Genesis for my railway. Mike

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for posting Philip and Robert. They are a really nice engine and would go well with my LGB rolling stock. I really love the heavy duty build quality of the old Pearse engines, something that just feels lacking the Accucraft UK engines I have owned. I had a Frank S but keeping the tender bath warm enough to run in colder weather was a hassle and Finescale Engieneer nolonger offers the replacement fuel tanks that fit in the locomotive. I will keep hunting one of the Europas or the Generic UK engines like Auric or Genesis for my railway. Mike
The only Pearse loco I own is a Colorado. As you say, very well made and built to last.Colorado.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
I wanted a Colorado, almost bought the one that Simon just had in at Anything Narrow Gauge, but it was just out of reach budget wise this year. If one pops up that I can either make payments on or is within the budget at that time, I would buy a Colorado! Its the running mate in the Pearse line up to this one, our Switcher 0-4-0. Great pic btw!! I like Pearse's use of the T flue boilers so that water goes all the way to the smoke box face on the engine. Giving these beasts much bigger boilers than we normally see where the smokebox is just a hollow shell. Just think if the Edrig or other smaller Accucract had a "T" flue boiler on them, just that much more water capacity.

pearsechessie.jpg