Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Tramcar Trev said:
What amazes me is that my explanation must have been on the money......

Your explanation is locked away in my brain Trev. Trouble is I keep misplacing the key :happy:

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
<Thinks>
Are you annielog, or dig-it-all??
Could you use the old car brake-lamp bulb trick to limit current, and stop 'blowing' so many fuses??

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
trammayo said:
or a bit of aluminium foil? :happy:
Or some of the aluminised plastic foil Im saving to build a full size copy of the Hindenburg...

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Tramcar Trev said:
Or some of the aluminised plastic foil Im saving to build a full size copy of the Hindenburg...
I have a large quantity of thin red plastic straws available for the ribs.. You know, in the 'might come in useful one-day' box!! ;) :D

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
PhilP said:
<Thinks>
Are you annielog, or dig-it-all??
Could you use the old car brake-lamp bulb trick to limit current, and stop 'blowing' so many fuses??

Hi Phil - all log-ic-al. Current is limited as it is (2 to 2.4v drop from battery through controller). Yesterday I didn't blow any fuses (did have a massive 3-train pile-up) but I made a decision not to use the BH loco with the new type pony truck. If the flippin thing derails (as with all the BH's and Annies) the pony truck often goes askew and makes a dead short.

Getting down to change the fuse is easy - its just trying to get up that's the problem. At the moment, all the batteries I use on a regular basis, are wired with a connector lead which mates with a short lead dangling under the base board. The fuse is on each battery lead. I will have to alter the baseboard lead so that the fuse holder is at a convenient level.

I wonder if anybody remembers the pre-war controllers that used a household bulb?