Not anewbie

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Hi I was on herea few years ago under mikeyh with my garden railway Tramway Demiel 1910, ageand reduced mobility forced me to close everything, but now Iamback! This time with a four board shunting layout based on french metre gauge railway in 1924. I was always a tight arse, building all my coaches, wagons, and buildings using recycled materials and adapted orscratchbuilt buildings from cardboard. The ultimate aim is to have battery powered RC locos at the moment three boards have had track stuck down and ballasted. I will soon be able to post pictures and ask for help with any problems. Speak later guys

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back! I remember your line, and enjoyed reading about it

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back, having a big interest in French metre gauge am looking forward to a view of your efforts. I have 3 French inspired wagons that I have built on Bachmann 4 wheel caboose chassis, mine have been made out of solid recycled plastic advertising (not foam) board.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I have been modelling in G Scale for over 25 years and I still have not got any track to run my stock on, perhaps this year will see a start. I am a big fan of French Corpet Louvet locos and have two in my roster, although, in my case, I have repainted them in an attempt to Anglicise them, to fit in with my freelance British railway.

dig 220318007.JPG

David

brokenwing

Registered
21 Oct 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Hi I was on herea few years ago under mikeyh with my garden railway Tramway Demiel 1910, ageand reduced mobility forced me to close everything, but now Iamback! This time with a four board shunting layout based on french metre gauge railway in 1924. I was always a tight arse, building all my coaches, wagons, and buildings using recycled materials and adapted orscratchbuilt buildings from cardboard. The ultimate aim is to have battery powered RC locos at the moment three boards have had track stuck down and ballasted. I will soon be able to post pictures and ask for help with any problems. Speak later guys
Welcome back "G G". Glad to see that you will be building on a tight budget. Not everyone has the cash to splash at this hobby. Looking forward to your ideas to save money and your pictures.
David

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, and welcome back. I was only looking at your line a few days ago so I will follow your new layout with great interest.

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys for the welcome back. IAM still working on a tight budget and am also not into modelling great detail (as you will see), Here's my first picture of my attempt to "frenchify" an old stainz.i added two cigarette packets to give it abetter water tank

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_111835.jpg
    IMG_20240119_111835.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, home

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys for the welcome back. IAM still working on a tight budget and am also not into modelling great detail (as you will see), Here's my first picture of my attempt to "frenchify" an old stainz.i added two cigarette packets to give it abetter water tank
That looks really good! I would not have even considered that idea :clap::clap:

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder if these sites might be sources of ideas:

Roger Farnworth - as a retired clergyman he certainly has the right credentials

Just some sites I came across.

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for those sites, pictures are always a help to develope my knowledge. I have a collection of books of most French departments, but alas I haven't yet got one for the Aude, very helpful thanks.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for those sites, pictures are always a help to develope my knowledge. I have a collection of books of most French departments, but alas I haven't yet got one for the Aude, very helpful thanks.
Glad to help.

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Just for interestI had a count up today and found that I had spent about £300 on tools materials, track and locos, and about £500 on books. So the hobby doesn't have to be as expensive as the media are saying.

Gérard Baudoin

Registered
13 Jan 2021
Bretagne - France -Europe
Best answers
Country flag
Bienvenue d'un autre amateur de train de jardin, plutôt branché sur les voies étroites américaines!
Au plaisir d'échanger.
Gérard.

Welcome from another train garden enthusiast, rather interested in American narrow gauges!Looking forward to discussing.

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Bienvenue d'un autre amateur de train de jardin, plutôt branché sur les voies étroites américaines!
Au plaisir d'échanger.
Gérard.

Welcome from another train garden enthusiast, rather interested in American narrow gauges!Looking forward to discussing.
Bonjour Mon Ami, I am English and have lived in the Dordogne, France for 23 years , be a pleasure to talk with you

Gérard Baudoin

Registered
13 Jan 2021
Best answers
Country flag
Bonjour Mon Ami, I am English and have lived in the Dordogne, France for 23 years , be a pleasure to talk with you
Hello, I do like Dordogne as a tourist. I live in little Brittany (Near Rennes) and, since 2015 and a trip to USA, I am kitbashing narrow gauge locomotives with the help of Google and some masterclass. Crain's Personal Pages | Home Page and Link to All Pages
IMGP9679 v2.jpg

From left to right: a K-27 Mikado under construction, a mason bogie quite finished, an american 440 from Bachmann and a 460 , the first trial on a bachmann chassis.

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, I do like Dordogne as a tourist. I live in little Brittany (Near Rennes) and, since 2015 and a trip to USA, I am kitbashing narrow gauge locomotives with the help of Google and some masterclass. Crain's Personal Pages | Home Page and Link to All Pages
View attachment 323015

From left to right: a K-27 Mikado under construction, a mason bogie quite finished, an american 440 from Bachmann and a 460 , the first trial on a bachmann chassis.
That's a good selection of locos.I tend to stick with simple locos that were around in the 1920's. I do have a liking for the Baldwin's that were shipped over from US during the war.

Gérard Baudoin

Registered
13 Jan 2021
Best answers
Country flag
That's a good selection of locos.I tend to stick with simple locos that were around in the 1920's. I do have a liking for the Baldwin's that were shipped over from US during the war.
If you are interested in the twenties, you will appreciate this place where to find a few model of this years. You can also become an engineer or a fireman for a week: it is a REAL pleasure.

1706013486293.jpeg

just follow the adress: A.E.C.F.M.

Mikeyh***

Registered
8 Jan 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag

If you are interested in the twenties, you will appreciate this place where to find a few model of this years. You can also become an engineer or a fireman for a week: it is a REAL pleasure.

View attachment 323051

just follow the adress: A.E.C.F.M.
That's great! I ve donee the Baie de Somme and Guitres,but I hadn't heard of this one.Marked for summer, thanks