New Track Layout On Rockery Ridge

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
I love it! What is the ballast made from? Nice to see good ballasting....... rather than a wooden plank.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
duncan1_9_8_4 said:
I love it! What is the ballast made from? Nice to see good ballasting....... rather than a wooden plank.
Cheers for your comments Duncan
The ballast i use is granite chippings mixed with rapid cement . The track is laid on wet mortar on the blocks the ballast is then brushed between the ties and sprayed with water this then sets very hard holding track and ballast in place .

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
man that looks good excellent work. looking forward to some piccies and vids of trains on the new track....

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
man that looks good excellent work. looking forward to some piccies and vids of trains on the new track....
Cheers Ian , Have got my own parallel track climbing away from itself now maybe an idea for you Ian:thinking:

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
The Rio Grande put into steam their Mudhen today to try out the new line for clearance :D
All went very well had a train of seven freight cars which went round with ease will probably pull all eleven of my 1:20.3 stock:clap: . Was only able to pull four on the old line :crying:
Few pics of loco and train on the new lines along side the garage and round the top of the garden
56d8310b50f4497a990e2e59f4f3e47e.jpg

cafbc684d50d49dcbce2247d417a9f79.jpg

a250567276f84f21bba55f3f734c7820.jpg

81046185e86349619138db6688aee088.jpg

c5fbf7b682e84084b9ed379bf095e7f2.jpg

8d4a811f75774e93b0c8ef3abf13bdd1.jpg

2480e4c0c59f400b9d60312b28db2f3d.jpg

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Richie said:
The Rio Grande put into steam their Mudhen today to try out the new line for clearance :D
All went very well had a train of seven freight cars which went round with ease will probably pull all eleven of my 1:20.3 stock:clap: . Was only able to pull four on the old line :crying:

Now you really are making me jealous Richie. My K27 can only pull three without any help...unfortunately there will be no nice flat running on BeaverCreek. Just b**dy hills and mountains!

Looks mighty fine my boy....

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
beavercreek said:
Richie said:

Now you really are making me jealous Richie. My K27 can only pull three without any help...unfortunately there will be no nice flat running on BeaverCreek. Just b**dy hills and mountains!

Looks mighty fine my boy....

Cheers Mike
Sorry for making you jealous Mike will make sure the train only has three freight cars in the next pic's for you.
Have you ever considered building the Moffat tunnel under the rear of garden ??

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Moffat Tunnel...now there is an idea! Only prob would be the inevitable breakdown/derail/animal obstruction :happy:

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Richie said:
Few pics of loco and train on the new lines along side the garage and round the top of the garden
images

images

images

images

images

images

images

you lucky sod richie ,K27 looking great

hagen

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Kongsberg, Norway
Best answers
Richie said:
Got the rest of the track ballasted yesterday and got some alpines and conifers from my local garden centre for 50p each planted them today few more pics of the finished line :D

That looks like an excellent spot for one of these
tamden.jpg

http://www.marcway.co.uk/marcway.htm < Link To From Marcway

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
i just LOVE it. Your are right those vertically diverging parallel tracks are exactly what I am wanting to achieve.

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
hagen said:
Richie said:
Got the rest of the track ballasted yesterday and got some alpines and conifers from my local garden centre for 50p each planted them today few more pics of the finished line :D

That looks like an excellent spot for one of these
tamden.jpg

http://www.marcway.co.uk/marcway.htm < Link To From Marcway
Hi Hagen
Very nice looking point work would look very nice in my log sidings :D

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Cheers Shawn ,Nico & Ian for your kind comments with weathering my K-27 and stock i just haven't got the courage to do these .:banghead: