New Track Layout On Rockery Ridge

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
The Rio Grande have been carrying out track improvements on Rockery Ridge this week :D The line which runs along side the garage be hide a trellis fence has been straightened out the fence has been moved onto the garage wall and a rock face has been put where the track once run which also covers the concrete footings of the garage :clap:

Old line seen with a "S" bend then going be hide trellis
79192b9f6330470ba4246ef4e4a51498.jpg

New line
7e9332ead0b64990ad299263e5ac25a9.jpg

0af9de0e10f04511b290658bd7891949.jpg

3d49e885fa4c48a78b7d4e66ba31abb7.jpg

1470c57c302e4b289bd84ed5f79d748d.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
you smoothy you:clap:

flyingsignalman

Narrow Gauge railways, Garden railways, Signalling
24 Oct 2009
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
That's a neat job you've done, it looks like its always been there.

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
flyingsignalman said:
That's a neat job you've done, it looks like its always been there.
Many thanks for all your kind comments :D
With the track always looking as if it's been there for a while is just right if you look at the last photo you will see that the first 7ft of track is still on it's original blocks with ballast cemented in place . I was able to dig under the track bed and with a helping hand from my son we slid the track and blocks 12" forward into it's new location :clap:

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
looks great Richie :clap:

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Nice one, Richie - looks really good with the weathered rocks and plantings.

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
Grande job :clap:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
nice work!

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Cheers Guys :clap:

A winter project for the Rio Grande has just got under way :clap:
A new line is planned to run round the top of the garden taking out the gruelling grades of 1in20 Rockery Ridge Pass this will allow the Rio Grande to run much longer trains with out the need of helpers :D
A few pics of the work which was carried out yesterday
5a156fc4326f40bb9839d2022bcc67c0.jpg

The new track in the pic is actually level just shows that my lawn is not
1c40873a7cee4f3fb717c78395968b1d.jpg

d4b427961ce54457a8588f688ca23374.jpg

MAYBACH

Hydraulics, Motorhead, biscuits, cake, VW's
26 Oct 2009
Devon (HYDRAULIC COUNTRY)
Best answers
Country flag
Looking good Richie. Is all this work to ease the restrictions on the line in readiness for that monster Garrat you are going to build this winter????? :D
You know you want to........................

Cheers
Rob

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
MAYBACH said:
Looking good Richie. Is all this work to ease the restrictions on the line in readiness for that monster Garrat you are going to build this winter????? :D
You know you want to........................

Cheers
Rob
Hi Rob
Rio Grande is up grading it's mainline so that Dave can run his ML 4000:happy:

Garret will have to wait a future project maybe :thinking:

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
The line should make things better for my K-27 as it struggles up my grades with 4 freight cars . Would be nice to pull several cars round my line :D

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Sun was out today and some workmen were spotted doing some track work :happy: Hope to get some more track lay ed out at the week end :D
7bda147175c74be18efcd55b65bce67c.jpg

b804224fbbcf48448cc5b123e2a01a23.jpg

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Who has been a busy boy???
Looking good my man. Your K27 will appreciate what it is being done for it. :D

I am considering motorising one or two of the 1:20.3 cars to act as a helper for my K27s (the Bachmann one and the Accucraft one) up the grades. Have motorised two of the Bachamnn stock cars to 'assist' the Bachmann Annies in their struggles to haul a string up the slope.

I will get to do some stuff on my own layout once I have finished the garage conversion ( nearly all done now, one last major thing left to do - old garage door is coming off this weekend to be replaced with new glazed door and floor to ceiling windows :banghead:
It has taken me longer than I anticipated, after the initial fast progress, due to the other commitments rearing their heads and consuming more time than they should. Will post a few piccies on the 'Hartford Kit' thread this weekend...all being well.

Good to see that the weather has improved and enabled you to get out and do a bit of civil engineering! :clap:

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
That track gang is doing a fine job, I hope thay are not doing too much OT

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
beavercreek said:
Who has been a busy boy???
Looking good my man. Your K27 will appreciate what it is being done for it. :D

I am considering motorising one or two of the 1:20.3 cars to act as a helper for my K27s (the Bachmann one and the Accucraft one) up the grades. Have motorised two of the Bachamnn stock cars to 'assist' the Bachmann Annies in their struggles to haul a string up the slope.

I will get to do some stuff on my own layout once I have finished the garage conversion ( nearly all done now, one last major thing left to do - old garage door is coming off this weekend to be replaced with new glazed door and floor to ceiling windows :banghead:
It has taken me longer than I anticipated, after the initial fast progress, due to the other commitments rearing their heads and consuming more time than they should. Will post a few piccies on the 'Hartford Kit' thread this weekend...all being well.

Good to see that the weather has improved and enabled you to get out and do a bit of civil engineering! :clap:

Hi Mike
Many thanks for your comments hope to have the new line in by Christmas thats if SWMBO doesn't give me to many jobs to do in the house .
Have been looking out on Channal 4 for your garage conversion on Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud is it in next years series :happy:
By the way did you have a open day in September ?

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Richie said:
Have been looking out on Channal 4 for your garage conversion on Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud is it in next years series :happy:
By the way did you have a open day in September ?

The open day was postponed due too much other work on...anyway the weather was also abysmal.

Grand Designs tee hee funny man!
I am sort of quite proud of meself. Although I have gutted and restored two victorian terraced houses in the past as my homes and done most of the work myself, this was the first time that I had to take in all the new building regulations (insulation, vapour barriers, sound proofing, fire blocks etc...) and try to make something a little different out of the usual 16' x 8' box that is what a garage conversion usually is. I have tried to keep the conversion under wraps from my good lady and she saw it 89% finished with all the lights blazing tonight. She was ecstatic and that has put me in a good bargaining position for future things :D
When you come down again you will laugh at the almost diamante caboose windows!!!

We will be having a special Christmas run with drinks, music and trains...fancy a trip down????

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
HEY richies...come and do mine track laying...lol....awesome idea..neat and tidy along the straight tracks....loves it.....keep up the good work matey......loves it....