New to DCC - Advice needed

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for all the input guys. I wanted to keep my NCE set up ready for use at all times on my indoor HO scale layout. I’ve actually managed to purchase a full Piko DCC set which arrived today and I’ve duly set up and had running with no issues using the couple of locos I have that are already DCC fitted. Definitely made the operating process a whole lot simpler than running around the garden to a fixed analogue controller.

next up now is researching decoders and if there is any trouble between certain decoders and certain locos? Got about 8 LGB locos to get decoders for
Depends on the locos you have.

A small 0-4-0 will need something like a Massoth eMotion L, but a larger 2-6-2 or a Bo-Bo will need something with a higher current rating.

And you will need to consider if you want sound too....

21 Jun 2019
Stoke
Best answers
Country flag
Depends on the locos you have.

A small 0-4-0 will need something like a Massoth eMotion L, but a larger 2-6-2 or a Bo-Bo will need something with a higher current rating.

And you will need to consider if you want sound too....
List of locos starts from:

LGB pig nose railbus
LGB V51
LGB BoBo 2095
LGB 2085D green mallet
LGB E10
LGB U class

I’m happy with non sound for now and will upgrade as and when in the future

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for all the input guys. I wanted to keep my NCE set up ready for use at all times on my indoor HO scale layout. I’ve actually managed to purchase a full Piko DCC set which arrived today and I’ve duly set up and had running with no issues using the couple of locos I have that are already DCC fitted. Definitely made the operating process a whole lot simpler than running around the garden to a fixed analogue controller.

next up now is researching decoders and if there is any trouble between certain decoders and certain locos? Got about 8 LGB locos to get decoders for
I've read several reports of difficulties with the latest LGB decoders using Marklin's Mfx system when used with non Marlkin control systems. Advice seems to be use the relevant CV (s?) to turn off the Mfx protocol. I respectfully suggest you look on this forum for more details

Last edited: