New Sydney Australia Garden Railway!

Phil_Vincent

Registered
3 Jul 2020
Sydney
Best answers
Country flag
Hello World,

My name is Phil, I'm an ex Brit, now living in northern Sydney. I've just fulfilled my childhood dream of having a G Gauge garden railway.

Not a very big one so far, just an oval and some exit points, but there will be more to come.

I'm keeping a video log on my YouTube page if anyone fancies a watch.

I'll be back, as the Terminator says.

LGeoB

Registered
12 Dec 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. I'm an ex Brit in Perth with a garden railway.

Geoff

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum, Phil!
(From another one.. Phil, that is) :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Phil, have had a look at your Piko 25Tonner conversion. You may like to have a look at what I did with rechargeable batteries and MY Loco Sound (from your neck of the woods). You should with a little re-jigging of parts be able to fit the batteries in the bonnet.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome. Small oval layouts never stay small for long! :cool:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Phil....

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum Phil, where abouts in Sydney are you? My brother emigrated there some years ago

Phil_Vincent

Registered
3 Jul 2020
Sydney
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome. Small oval layouts never stay small for long! :cool:
no I have biggish plans, just have to be steady so the minister for the interior doesn't get a shock....

Phil_Vincent

Registered
3 Jul 2020
Sydney
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Phil, have had a look at your Piko 25Tonner conversion. You may like to have a look at what I did with rechargeable batteries and MY Loco Sound (from your neck of the woods). You should with a little re-jigging of parts be able to fit the batteries in the bonnet.

Interesting, I'll look at this with interest, I was a bit annoyed I couldn't get in inside the loco, especially as Piko sell one with batteries in the hood.

Phil_Vincent

Registered
3 Jul 2020
Sydney
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum Phil, where abouts in Sydney are you? My brother emigrated there some years ago

I' a little north of Sydney in Hornsby. Sort of the edge of the metropolitan land. I love it.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I' a little north of Sydney in Hornsby. Sort of the edge of the metropolitan land. I love it.

And welcome from me. I run MyLocoSound in South Australia, an hour south of Adelaide. If you ever need an instant opinion on garden railway matters, give me a call on 0414 232 060.

Also if you ever need local supplies, Pamak Hobbies in Bargo is worth a visit. They stock a lot of garden railway gear. You can get there by train from Hornsby and Pamak is about 10 minutes walk from Bargo station.

In NSW there is an active garden railway group called "Rails in the Garden". They publish a quarterly magazine, visit their each others garden railways and have an annual steam up. You can contact them at secretary@ritginc.org.au.

Also, our friends over the ditch in NZ publish a great and free monthly emagazine called "Garden Whistle". You can contact them at peninsok@culcreuchfold.org.nz.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MylocoSound

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Phil and welcome from Somerset

Phil_Vincent

Registered
3 Jul 2020
Sydney
Best answers
Country flag
And welcome from me. I run MyLocoSound in South Australia, an hour south of Adelaide. If you ever need an instant opinion on garden railway matters, give me a call on 0414 232 060.

Also if you ever need local supplies, Pamak Hobbies in Bargo is worth a visit. They stock a lot of garden railway gear. You can get there by train from Hornsby and Pamak is about 10 minutes walk from Bargo station.

In NSW there is an active garden railway group called "Rails in the Garden". They publish a quarterly magazine, visit their each others garden railways and have an annual steam up. You can contact them at secretary@ritginc.org.au.

Also, our friends over the ditch in NZ publish a great and free monthly emagazine called "Garden Whistle". You can contact them at peninsok@culcreuchfold.org.nz.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MylocoSound

I have so far bought all my supplies from Pamak, (except for the great RC gear I got from Tony) they are always very helpful and quick with shipping. The only problem is I have so much more I want to purchase!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
There's a Davidson a little south east of Hornsby. Is that it?
Could be, we visited a few years ago, all I really remember about the locale was there if was about a 15 minute walk to the nearest shop (Woolworths) and about 40 minutes by bus to Sydney Harbour. But no where near any pubbs!

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have so far bought all my supplies from Pamak, (except for the great RC gear I got from Tony) they are always very helpful and quick with shipping. The only problem is I have so much more I want to purchase!

When shopping for supplies I mostly use these 3;
Pamak
Allaboard at Mittagong, they are an importer of LGB and have a display track so you can see stuff running.
Trains for the Garden they have Piko points they supply Ausrail