New Roundhouse

E

Elmtree Line

Well, its approaching that time of the year again, Roundhouse are set to announce another brand new steam engine this year, and as in the past few years it will be another scaled down model of a UK narrow gauge engine.

2009 saw a limited edition run of "Jack" (due to be produced this summer)
And the end of "Charles", "Linda" and "Blanche"

So what do YOU think will be the new engine for 2010 ????

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
i'd love a model of the Rheidol tank that was on the VOR in the early days, or failing that the FR Prince. Will be interesting to see what they do- if anything. Of course one of the preserved engines of the W&L would be good.

Pauly

Registered
26 Oct 2009
The Midlands
Best answers
I would like to see a new addition to the basic stable.

in these hard time the common man needs a RH loco too ;)

Rosco

Registered
20 Dec 2009
Leytonstone
Best answers
I would like to see a new engine in their basic range with gauge adjustable wheels. I've been saving up for a Roundhouse Lady Anne but the new 2010 prices are putting me off the idea.

E

Elmtree Line

Rosco said:
I would like to see a new engine in their basic range with gauge adjustable wheels. I've been saving up for a Roundhouse Lady Anne but the new 2010 prices are putting me off the idea.

There's always a few secondhand Lady Anne for sale if you look around, you can usually pick one up for £700-800 :D

E

Elmtree Line

funandtrains said:
I'd like to see them re-make the Forney or see a colonial pantation or logging loco even though the Fowler is great.

Steve,

Its more likely to be closer to home than that ;) also i don't think they will be re-introducing any older models in 2010 so it looks like the new one will indeed be totally new. My guess is that they might indeed look to the W&L for ideas, but i could be wrong :D

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Rosco said:

Have the prices gone up much?

E

Elmtree Line

hornbeam said:
Rosco said:

Have the prices gone up much?

the VAT rise plus Roundhouse have increased prices by 2.5% too.

E

Elmtree Line

To be honest as No: 24 and the Fowler are now the only tender engines in the range i would guess the new 2010 engine might be...........

68c8b0c71e034365959866df724dfecc.jpeg

andysleigh

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
i think i have heard rumours about a re release of the L&b taw

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
andysleigh said:
That would be nice :D

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Well six months ago I was at Roundhouse and showed one of their designers photos of my K1 Garratt which I made using Roundhouse components. May be he got the hint?
3fe1839b5f224e7eab7b25d44991eb77.jpg

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers

Yes that would be nice - but it would need to be a total re-design as these were pretty delicate beasts and were slip eccentric with dummy valve gear. Here is a picture of two - and as some of you will know, the one on the left has been converted to coal by John Shawe.

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
Personally I would like to see Dylan updated but how about Southwold locomotives ? Or a Fowler with a more U.K. style cab . If they are to continue down the diesel route there are many examples of narrow guage railcars the could try .
Cheers Garry

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
I know it's a scream into the wind but I want wot I wanted last year.......................................

a1e803176dd04900ad2da89ea9d58951.jpg

Or even.............................

ec340ce5e21443d1bebb0a72904a6b93.jpg

Railfan

Registered
17 Nov 2009
Northern California, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The L & B Taw would be nice to go with my Accucraft Lyn. The London Transport would be interesting as well.

E

Elmtree Line

As Aster have made the Pannier Tank i doubt that Roundhouse will look to reproduce it.

If you look at Taliesin and Atlantic you can see the direction that Roundhouse are going now.

I guess a K1 could be a possibility, and would bode well with Accucraft having chosen the NG15

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
K1 would be great, though being so complex I guess it would be well over £2k for quite a small loco.

I'm also with tac on the 'bring back the Forney' campaign...

E

Elmtree Line

railwayman198 said:
K1 would be great, though being so complex I guess it would be well over £2k for quite a small loco.

I'm also with tac on the 'bring back the Forney' campaign...

Philip.

I believe that Roundhouse do listen to their customers, and thats how Jack came to life again. Maybe you anc Tac should drop them an email letting them know your wish list :D

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
I'm with Pauly and Rosco.

A new addition to the basic stable would be nice cos we ain't all got £1000 + to spare for a Classic loco.