"New" Piko Reading RR 0-6-0 Camelback

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Hi guys! The Piko Camelback arrived early this morning after an amazingly short trip from Surrey, B.C., Canada to where I live. Unfortunately, the sellers' description said it was new,but I found it to actually be used.She's selling her uncles trains for him, and he told her that it was new. An honest mistake! It's missing the whistle, but it's in otherwise near new condition as you'll see in the youtube video posted here. I've already called Piko America and ordered a replacement whistle, and the seller kindly sent me a refund for more than enough to cover the extra expense,. So,it's all good. I'm happy. I've already decided not to sell it or part it out for the sound system(which works and sounds great!
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the video!
Later!
Andrew

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Nice to hear a of a positive outcome. Runs well too

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi guys! The Piko Camelback arrived early this morning after an amazingly short trip from Surrey, B.C., Canada to where I live. Unfortunately, the sellers' description said it was new,but I found it to actually be used.She's selling her uncles trains for him, and he told her that it was new. An honest mistake! It's missing the whistle, but it's in otherwise near new condition as you'll see in the youtube video posted here. I've already called Piko America and ordered a replacement whistle, and the seller kindly sent me a refund for more than enough to cover the extra expense,. So,it's all good. I'm happy. I've already decided not to sell it or part it out for the sound system(which works and sounds great!
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the video!
Later!
Andrew
One thing that is not quite right but may be changeable with CV’s, you should be getting 4 Chuffs to the Wheel revolution. On your Vid just the one, many do not worry about this but it is something that I will always revise. Not sure what CV to advise you to change, someone on here should know about the Piko setup.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
You gotta play trains :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
As you know, my camelback loco arrived on the 29th of May. I gave its' first run on my track earlier today. It ran great ,with no apparent problems. I added 11 freight cars to the on track line up ,and it pulled them without one single problem. I could have added more, but I only have limited space on my current track. After running it for several hours, I then decided to switch it out for my Piko 0-6-0 Santa Fe #728 locomotive. I had to remove 3 cars to get it to move, so 8 looks like the maximum number of cars that this baby will haul. The Seuthe 7 worked well with this loco, but after running the camelback and the 0-6-0 back to back, I decided to purchase the Piko factory smoke generator ,and to place the Seuthe 7 in another project. Here are the videos of both locos in action!
Enjoy!
Andrew