New Massoth 8444000 Slow Motion Track Switch Drive Released

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Massoth has now caught up with MD-Electronics by producing a new, self-contained combined switch drive with DC/DCC decoder. These can be used to replace your existing LGB 12010 ELP Track Switch Drives and can be operated with either DC or DCC power. And they operate in slow motion like the equivalent MD-Electronics version. I now have them in stock and listed on my Website. Watch the Massoth video that demonstrates them........neat!
Massoth Demonstration Video:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Looks a good new product, no doubt reassuringly expensive.

Cobalt6700

Registered
2 Jul 2020
UK - Oxfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like gartenbahnsupplies does them for £60+p&p. Might have to get one for research purposes.

Cranford

Theatre, Model railroads, GCR
29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like gartenbahnsupplies does them for £60+p&p. Might have to get one for research purposes.
Maybe consider this at £45.

Cobalt6700

Registered
2 Jul 2020
UK - Oxfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks C Cranford - I'm interested as to how Massoth make them waterproof.

I have been forging ahead with Dagnall's servo point motor design, and I am looking at ways to make them more weatherproof :)

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
Best answers
Country flag
Looks a good new product, no doubt reassuringly expensive.
I sell them here in the USA for $52.50 which is not that expensive when you consider they have the built-in DCC decoder. Adding a Massoth 1-channel switch decoder to an LGB Track Switch Drive costs $44. And the benefit of the Massoth drive compared to the MD-Electronic DWA's equivalent drive: Massoth's drive will move closed points to the open position, no train derailment; the MDE drive will not open causing a train derailment.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I sell them here in the USA for $52.50 which is not that expensive when you consider they have the built-in DCC decoder. Adding a Massoth 1-channel switch decoder to an LGB Track Switch Drive costs $44. And the benefit of the Massoth drive compared to the MD-Electronic DWA's equivalent drive: Massoth's drive will move closed points to the open position, no train derailment; the MDE drive will not open causing a train derailment.
Can it switch frogs and does it have function outputs for signals?

These extras and the lower cost of the Mxion would probably seal the deal for me....

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
Best answers
Country flag
Can it switch frogs and does it have function outputs for signals?

These extras and the lower cost of the Mxion would probably seal the deal for me....
Hi Gizzy - I haven't tested one yet so don't know the answer to your question whether the EVO-S Drive outputs for signals. I've attached the Massoth EVO-S User Guide for your review. By the way, Massoth also has another version of this same Switch Drive available that has even more features, the EVO-X DCC-only Drive......it has most of the same features as the EVO-S Drive plus the additional features listed below:
  • frog polarisation
  • fully automatic fallback switch function
  • spring switch function (real detection of cutting)
  • Contact output with feedback function at:
    – incoming of the digital switching command
    – incoming of the digital switching command and interrogating the limit sitch
    – cutting open and interrogating the limit switch
  • heated switch drive (actuating mechanism)
  • connection for an external switch tongue heating unit
    (alternatively usable as function output)
  • digital DCC operation only

Attachments

• Massoth EVO-S Switch Drive 991132_BDA_8444000_230921.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 991133_BDA_8444000_8444010_231128 EVO-X User Guide.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 0