New gas station going in.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
The town of Apache Falls is going through some changes and a job I have left until the better weather arrived,the first change was the new freight depot and new road surface put down of 30 thou black plasticard,this works well and no fading and the rain just drains off.The next job was a small gas station as there wasn`t one anywhere on the layout but with limited room it would have to be small,one pump "regular" only.I made a paper template for the base area I had and came up with this building and just made it up as I went along,basic plasticard construction and custom windows of styrene strip.In the pics the pump is leaning slightly due to the fact the island is not fixed yet to allow work on the front of the structure;)(thought I would just point that out).The airline is a stripped phone cable and makes a good representation of air hose,the figure is LGB and the uniform I think is a good likeness for a 40`s station attendant,the signage was another experiment using wet paint and a cocktail stick.A few more detail items for the island are needed.The other buildings in the pics down the street are due for repairs such as new glazing but are nicely weathered as they stay outside all year but need to be leveled out on a plinth,the gun shop is going completely and to be replaced.Otis Oil Co,well I think its the only oil company owned by a cat,,,our ginger cat Otis Reading,the other two,,,one has a hotel down the street and the third,well she has a saloon and bordello down in Los Garagos:tmi::tmi::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.loco done 008.jpgloco done 010.jpgloco done 011.jpg

Attachments

• loco done 010.jpg
    loco done 010.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Shame the Gun Shop is going looks rather nice and fits in well with the theme of a back woods small Town. Not PC?

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Shame the Gun Shop is going looks rather nice and fits in well with the theme of a back woods small Town. Not PC?
No problem with being PC Jon,the building was put (thrown)together very quickly to fill a space for as I recall the wife`s birthday bash,about 8hrs to complete it!!The plan is to either upgrade this one or to build another slightly larger store with more detail but the town will have a gun shop in one form or another;);),but not in its present form.