New arrivals

DaveG

Registered
21 Apr 2016
York
Best answers
I mentioned the imminent arrival of new coaches the other day in a post, and they arrived on Thursday, very promptly following my surprise eBay win.

No-one else bid for them which really surprised me but I'm delighted by them. The sheep look interested too.
DSC_0668.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

DaveG

Registered
21 Apr 2016
York
Best answers
I think I should have taken another route through the station - not had to contend with 5 bogie coaches before!DSC_0655.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I think I should have taken another route through the station - not had to contend with 5 bogie coaches before!View attachment 239553

Nice one! I also like the idea of the tile edging strips for the formation of the "platforms"!

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I mentioned the imminent arrival of new coaches the other day in a post, and they arrived on Thursday, very promptly following my surprise eBay win.

No-one else bid for them which really surprised me but I'm delighted by them. The sheep look interested too.
View attachment 239552

Do you know if the RhB had coaches something like that? I think the red/cream colour scheme came in around the 70s or so. I have 3 matching Austrian green ones which I though may work behind some of my RhB stuff.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Do you know if the RhB had coaches something like that? I think the red/cream colour scheme came in around the 70s or so. I have 3 matching Austrian green ones which I though may work behind some of my RhB stuff.
They are an LGB make believe, the prototypes are an Austrian Coach which has been put in many differing liveries. Done at a time when LGB had not got round to making the right stock for the likes if the Crockodile, but they are a nice believable looking livery. I have a set of 2 similar that I used in my early DR days as little else was available at the time. Got taken over on my line by the correct type of DR coaches, but still get a run now and again.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
They are an LGB make believe, the prototypes are an Austrian Coach which has been put in many differing liveries. Done at a time when LGB had not got round to making the right stock for the likes if the Crockodile, but they are a nice believable looking livery. I have a set of 2 similar that I used in my early DR days as little else was available at the time. Got taken over on my line by the correct type of DR coaches, but still get a run now and again.

I figured that may be the case. I have earlier period RhB coaches but also have the plain green and creme RhB pullman which they bought of the MOB. The long RhB cars are so expensive. I need to make up a reasonable consist with the pullman. I do have another orient express pullman with square doors which I may refinish to the green and cream to match the other but it will be a shame to go over all that gold writing.