New ALCO in pair pulls very long train!

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Really pleased, this is what I aquired a second loco for!

The speed is because of the bends and tension in the train, not because it is struggling. I thought it was good to show you can have a nice looking train even running with R1 and 1/35 hills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCXU3MD6pk Let me know what you think!

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
:clap:Nice video made my eyes go cross eyed watching your train snake run through those R1 "S" bends , I think your have to call your line Snake Pass .:happy:

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
I like it.......great the way the train waltzed around the bends :clap:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Snake pass I like it... No I'm not starring :) that's my son Toby, who is very keen on Trains! Glad you like it Tac!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I was expecting Toby to fall on the train, He did not well done him, obviously a very enthusiastic newcomer. Let us all hope that he stays that way and adds a few friends too.

Great vid, makes a change to see trains running at a nice slow speed. Just like the real thing in the good old US of A.
JonD

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Nothing wrong with the speed, looks realistic! As a pose to 0-60mph in 2 secs, and a scale running speed of 200mph. Nice work!!! And the radius 1 corners, are great, look at any narrow gauge railway, the HSB in particular.

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers
Great Vid, I have late teen early twenties daughters, strangely they are not quite as enthusiastic about my trains ......don't know why. :thinking:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
thanks chaps for kind comments!