Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
1b95e14667a44fbab50adaba427e9ed8.jpg
0b44327377ff469380f19e733d951c14.jpg
7aa800ffbac14937902b32a7f4b8a296.jpg
fadcbcdbc1c340908ce6a928a52e9fd2.jpg

Accucraft have frequently been asked for both the W&L Pickering coaches and the Isle of Man 4 wheel coaches to be produced as generic models, that is in different colours and un-numbered and unlettered.

The factory has produce these pictures where they have changed the maroon of the I O M coaches and the brown of the Pickering's to their green.

Accucraft will be doing further batches of both the Pickering's and the IOM 4 wheelers in their existing liveries, but are thinking about doing Green and cream as well, what do you think?

Happy steamings,

John

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
Ohh I like them :clap:

Rosco

Registered
20 Dec 2009
Leytonstone
Best answers
Yes, they look nice.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Prefer the existing liveries personally, same with the L&B I prefer their original livery to the all over green. I'd buy the L&B because it's authentic but I'll be saving for the reissue of the brown pickerings once my loco has arrived.

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
They look ok but as generic models they are very expensive, especially the Pickerings. If the Pickerings were all over green as per the Cambrian livery that would make more sense.

I thought they weren''t making any more in GW livery?

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
I think they look very good. But as I seem to have evolved towards German prototypes the're not for me. Considering the detail I think the Accucraft coaches are good value.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Midwalesstokie said:
They look ok but as generic models they are very expensive, especially the Pickerings. If the Pickerings were all over green as per the Cambrian livery that would make more sense.

I thought they weren''t making any more in GW livery?
Good point James, if they want to come up with a new colour scheme for the Pickerings how about the original Cambrian livery? Like that idea :clap:.

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
The Pickerings in blood & custard would look good, I like the green & cream 4 wheelers

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
Shouldn't the W&L coaches be green and white John, rather than green and cream?

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
If they were the green and white with lining in the above pictures (400Parker's post) i'd definitely buy them. The green and cream just doesn't do it for me!!

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
How about totally unpainted versions? Then we could do our own thing, and that would also reduce the cost.

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Think Cambrian green is the way to go, and a fair few people like all over green stock. I do also agree that unpainted should be an option. If not full kit form, maybe just without the roff and glazing fitted? Doing that with other rolling stock would be good as well.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
400Parker said:
Shouldn't the W&L coaches be green and white John, rather than green and cream?
Colour pics of the coaches in Cambrian colours are pretty rare. I reckon they'd look great. Perfect period for the brake van as modelled by Accucraft too.

On that subject John, another suggestion for Accucraft - how about making the brakevan in it's later form without the veranda. Would be more accurate with the GWR Pickerings and GWR modified Earl/Countess.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
I like em. Want some. Wouldn't mind all over green Pickerings either.

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Good point Parker.

As mocked up these Green coaches are aimed for a 'generic' market to go in just about any situation.
That said the Cambrain livery is so similar, perhaps the argument would be that correctly liveried Cambrian coaches would also sell for other 'freestyle' railway set ups and so kill 2 birds with one stone?

I wonder if someone could post a picture of a coach in this livery for us to look at?

Happy steamings,

John

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
yb281 said:
On that subject John, another suggestion for Accucraft - how about making the brakevan in it's later form without the veranda. Would be more accurate with the GWR Pickerings and GWR modified Earl/Countess.

A good idea YB281, and yes I'd like to have one, but you'd have to wait a long time for tooling costs to be considered and then for the tooling to be made. It is relatively easy to get an existing design done in a new livery, but once you start talking new designs of plastic rolling stock the lead times and costs are extensive.

Happy steamings,

John

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Sea Lion said:
Good point Parker.

I wonder if someone could post a picture of a coach in this livery for us to look at?

Happy steamings,

John
It's as in Parker's second pic John. As I said, colour photos of the coaches in Cambrian livery are like hen's teeth. In fact, I think that's the first I've seen.

Description of the Cambrian livery from Ralph Cartwright's book;
"the lower panels were bronze-green, the upper panels and waistline white (varnished off white), with mouldings picked out in red and yellow. The underframe was black, edged with a fine red line".

Apparently this colour scheme only lasted until just after 1909 when the Cambrian changed to all-over bronze-green.

400Parker

Registered
18 Nov 2013
Best answers
Country flag
All-over bronze green may have a wider appeal whilst still being accurate for the W&L. And it would be cheaper for Ian to produce!

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
yb281 said:
It's as in Parker's second pic John. As I said, colour photos of the coaches in Cambrian livery are like hen's teeth. In fact, I think that's the first I've seen.
Oops, sorry chaps I missed these pictures as attachments.

Yes, very nice models Mr Parker sir! And yes a very attractive livery.

Happsy steamings,

John