Need help replacing 21670/20670 track cleaning engine pivot

Sloopg

Registered
25 May 2020
Belmont, California
Best answers
Hi

Have a 21670 track cleaning engine with a sheared pivot pin. I’ve looked at the diagrams and Read the prior forum postings. I could use some step by step directions to removing the cowl over the pivot pin holder. I see two screws right under the cowl but cannot figure how to get them out as they are covered by part of the cabin. Also, a prior post mentioned a third screw but I don’t know where that is and do not see it on the parts diagram. Do you have to take the top (black plastic) of the cab off and if so, how do you do it? Seems like a simple repair once the cowl is removed.

regards

Sloopg

Registered
25 May 2020
Belmont, California
Best answers
Solved this myself (yeah!!!) Took 6 screws out of the bottom of the engine unit. The two most forward screws are under a plastic bump & were difficult to get to. They were also very tight & took a lot of effort to loosen. Had to use a philips screwdriver with a long Very thin shank to get to them. The rest of the screws Came out easily ... 2 that hold the stairs in place and two that are reached through a hole in the black plastic cover around the midpoint of the engine bottom. Came apart very nicely after that. The cowl is partly held in place by the cabin cover so the cabin has to be removed.

Documenting this in case some else down the road needs to figure this out.

regards

Reactions: 1 user