LGB - Viafier Retica Wälderbähnle Rheinbähnle
22 Aug 2020
Kaslo/BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Kit bashed?
That's a bit much of a claim. I merely repainted and relabelled three LGB 3072 type passenger coaches using the Florida Orange Boy variant.
3072_P1090797.jpeg
Also visible a 2095 diesel an unknown to me Italian transformed (long ago) into a motor coach of the former Ferrovia Spoleto Norcia or FSN (950mm). I added a pantograph and invented something wholly inexistent ...but then, rule #8 :cool:.

2095FSN_P1090799.jpeg
So meanwhile my Retian Railway has rolling stock that uses the LGB rubber scale for meter gauge models (tho actually Harz railway) as the LGB 3064 type coaches have that narrow look of a 2 1/2 ft parentage. Still, the CIWL salon coaches were just too nice not to add to my rolling stock collection. They could run off the Arlberg line into Tyrolean Oberinntal and on into the Swiss Engadine; but that line was never built.
CIWL_PB010002.jpeg
Also other Austrian 2 1/2 ft engines and cars do meet my Retian Railway somewhere between Landeck and Scuol/Schuls. Hence, long live LGB rubber scale. Allows me to reminisce about summers past along the Alpine Rhine and upper reaches of the Inn river and various narrow gauge lines.
Grand central_P1090794.jpeg
And then I'm experimenting with 'instant landscaping'. Yes, this is hunter's camouflage. So far running smoothly, no derailements .
camouflage_PB030005.jpeg
Needs some taming but is better than the bare plywood.
My Winter Layout will never get much of a landscape, some backdrops perhaps, the detailing is to happen outside in the much larger Summer layout.mix_P1090800.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Love the Wizzy Cranks (2095) conversion to the FSN machine.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Kit bashed?
That's a bit much of a claim. I merely repainted and relabelled three LGB 3072 type passenger coaches using the Florida Orange Boy variant.
View attachment 320556
Also visible a 2095 diesel an unknown to me Italian transformed (long ago) into a motor coach of the former Ferrovia Spoleto Norcia or FSN (950mm). I added a pantograph and invented something wholly inexistent ...but then, rule #8 :cool:.

View attachment 320555
So meanwhile my Retian Railway has rolling stock that uses the LGB rubber scale for meter gauge models (tho actually Harz railway) as the LGB 3064 type coaches have that narrow look of a 2 1/2 ft parentage. Still, the CIWL salon coaches were just too nice not to add to my rolling stock collection. They could run off the Arlberg line into Tyrolean Oberinntal and on into the Swiss Engadine; but that line was never built.
View attachment 320557
Also other Austrian 2 1/2 ft engines and cars do meet my Retian Railway somewhere between Landeck and Scuol/Schuls. Hence, long live LGB rubber scale. Allows me to reminisce about summers past along the Alpine Rhine and upper reaches of the Inn river and various narrow gauge lines.
View attachment 320561
And then I'm experimenting with 'instant landscaping'. Yes, this is hunter's camouflage. So far running smoothly, no derailements .
View attachment 320558
Needs some taming but is better than the bare plywood.
My Winter Layout will never get much of a landscape, some backdrops perhaps, the detailing is to happen outside in the much larger Summer layout.View attachment 320562
Yeah, that whizzy cranks conversion is superb :clap: :clap: :clap:

rentren

LGB - Viafier Retica Wälderbähnle Rheinbähnle
22 Aug 2020
Kaslo/BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
The 'whizzy cranks' [somewhat challenging expression for a non-native speaker in 'da colonies'] I picked up about three years ago on ebay.it . The former owner and kit-bash artist had probably reached Stazione Termine.

LGB Winter Layout FSN unit.jpeg

Lights work properly only in push direction, so it does 'push-ups', ...on the out side layout literally.
My knowledge of electronics is shy of scant, so that will remain. But the three FSN items will receive some TLC to improve looks.
LGB Winter Layout FSN cab car front.jpegLGB Winter Layout FSN cab car oblique.jpegLGB Winter Layout FSN motor coach.jpeg
Two more movies (unedited, another skill I likely wont pick up having made it thru 4 times 20 or quatre-vingts). Those LGB Florida Boy Orange coaches before repainting and other rolling stock on the previous Winter Layout; all R/C controlled, and the FSN being pushed.