my own kitbashing a warehouse from box..........

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi.....

this is my own idea of kitbashing a warehouse for my boxcars go in and out.....from a wooden box with 2 x drawers,,,,tht i brought from charity shop days ago..for 1 quids.......

more will following soon as it was raining for week!!!!!...need to be inside the house doing work!!!!...

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi...
there u go.....been cut down for the windows and aslo frames as well....plus another one is for any boxcars go in and out from the warehouse......
need more works on it........plus sign names on it...

TWEETY" S PET PRODUCTS.......nice!!

..................................................................................

ANY COMMENTS?.....................
THKS U..........................

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
It is looking very promising Steven. Keep posting pictures please.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
dragon said:
It is looking very promising Steven. Keep posting pictures please.

many thks dragon..will do.........later doing more work on it.......will keep posted photos of it steps to steps........need alots of work on it........wink..

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
[H2]hi....there u go..need more work on it aslo need clear plastic sheets to cut down and put inside the back of the window frames...aslo need a sign names for the warehouse.....plus aslo my boxcar go in and out......[/H2] hope u likes it..any comments....more will following soon...thks u for looking at it....

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Nice work. :clap:

What are you going to use for weather proofing, Steven? I'll shortly be making some buildings and need ideas of how best to keep them reasonably weather proof.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Old Tom said:

What are you going to use for weather proofing, Steven? I'll shortly be making some buildings and need ideas of how best to keep them reasonably weather proof.

hi tom....

i alway use garden fence paints!!!...........it waterproof and seal as well...but i know it sound silly but i alway use garden fences paint on any kitbashing woods re-paint it every yr same time as my fences and trellis......aslo have u seen my siding and loco shed?.......
http://www.gscalecentral.net/tm?tree=true&m=46629

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
steven large said:
hi.....

this is my own idea of kitbashing a warehouse for my boxcars go in and out.....from a wooden box with 2 x drawers,,,,tht i brought from charity shop days ago..for 1 quids.......

more will following soon as it was raining for week!!!!!...need to be inside the house doing work!!!!...

That is a great idea. For anyone who wants to copy I think that it is an IKEA set of draws. They do quite a few sizes and there are many possibilities along these lines I would guess. But not for a little as a squid!
JonD

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
steven large said:
Old Tom said:

hi tom....

i alway use garden fence paints!!!...........it waterproof and seal as well...but i know it sound silly but i alway use garden fences paint on any kitbashing woods re-paint it every yr same time as my fences and trellis......aslo have u seen my siding and loco shed?.......
http://www.gscalecentral.net/tm?tree=true&m=46629

Just how did I miss that thread? That's spooky, if you ask me...

I've used fence paints on some plinths to stand my bonsai trees on, but they still warped and fell apart. Any secret appilication tips Steven???

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]FYI
b75737524ac74dc4a9c0e736f66456eb.jpg
262f7f16b6f843bb8a70b9cba6fbb3d0.jpg
d4c51f03f2d34567aa88d70690c405ef.jpg
207126befdf64a25aca96f53d32caada.jpg

[/align]

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
thks mr.spock!...cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers............loves tht building in the pictures....

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Very nice work Steven :clap: Like the way you come up with these great ideas that cost next to nothing to build and look fantastic when finished :D

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Steven,

Excellent adaptation of an unlikely source of materials - and at an excellent price too! Wish I had a charity shop like that near me. I like the 1930's feel you're giving the building.

Mr Spock,

Sure I'm not the only person who'll find those ads useful. Any idea of their period. (at a guess, I'd say 1940-1950ish)

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
C&S said:
Steven,

Excellent adaptation of an unlikely source of materials - and at an excellent price too! Wish I had a charity shop like that near me. I like the 1930's feel you're giving the building.

Mr Spock,

Sure I'm not the only person who'll find those ads useful. Any idea of their period. (at a guess, I'd say 1940-1950ish)

thks for yr kind comments,,,yes i did brought tht drawer from charity shops where i lives...they have over 5 charity shops in my local area!
so i will sort out the window frames,,,,sliding doors....aslo bit of details on it.......plus signs as well.......

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Richie said:
Very nice work Steven :clap: Like the way you come up with these great ideas that cost next to nothing to build and look fantastic when finished :D

hi richie..glad to hear from u agian.......thks u for yr kindness comments...so tht why everytime i go to bed and try thinking what im doing with it then came out with idea and draw a plan til i happy with it so im not prof,,,,,,,,,,,just do it my best with kitbashing........cudnt afford all kits from piko.etc...it too pricey.....
so tht why i like kitbashing with wood scraps.......hw is yr plough coming on? still waiting for SNOW!!!!

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
[H2]hi agian...here is my old ex display base with acryilla case...for the window inside and aslo billboard for the top of the warehouse.....more will following soon......hope u it will give u a idea......[/H2]
--------------------------------------- thks u for looking at it------------------------------------------------------CHEERS

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
june 27th sunday afternoon.....more will following ...need details on the warehouse........(doors.ladders,window panels,etc)

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]HI NOT SURE OF THE era OF ALL THE ADDS SOME LOOK PREWAR AND SOME ARE i GUESS FIFTIES PERIOD THEY WERE ON A FORUM OFFERED AS FREE TO USE SO i DONT CLAIM ANY OWNERSHIP

PETE
[/align]

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Re:my own kitbashing a warehouse from box..........UPDATES

sat 3rd of july..............sunny day.....billboard with coca cola plastic tray lid from my local area pub....wink..

aslo ex acryilla dispaly case into 2 x window panels......usin a crack on it with hot glue stick to make it look like crack in the window....

more will following soon...................................................