my new home for SAND- DEPOT..

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
my sand depot will come over this week from a kind member....been sort this old layout tht i dont need and it have to move to another area....to suit it...til i am happy...here is the photos tht i took this early afternoon...SAT 21ST aug....

more will following as im sort this old layout near the tunnel portal but it was raining all day so i have to wait til it dry..lol......hope u will enjoyed it as i use the word on the photos....wink...

so when it all done...so needed a name for a sand depot..from this bloke who send his SAND DEPOT over for new home ere from him and need take care for him.....

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Re:my new home for SAND- DEPOT..

PARCEL arrive AT my home...........MONDAY 23RD AUGUST....raining day!!!!......MANY thks u a bloke for this superb service........

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers

Your one lucky man Steven Saw that it was collect only , was to far for me to go and collect . Great price too. Well done :clap:

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

need to be re-pair and re-paint and aslo modfied it as well............TUES 24TH AUG.......

p.s.what colour are they normally use for the roof tiles in early 30s-40s?..red?....

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

Hi Steve...a good purchase at a goodly price.
It is a nice little model and you also have the sand bins which i don't with the one on my line.

The tiles are really cedar shingles and they would go a silvery grey as they aged so the coulour is about right as it is now. You could do a subtle streaked patchy wash of thin black ink down them to give the effect of even more weathering as well as getting rid of the all over grey. After the wash just cover with matt (and only matt) varnish.

a00f2c51f17a487c90fd5218e5eeb896.jpg

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

beavercreek said:
Hi Steve...a good purchase at a goodly price.
It is a nice little model and you also have the sand bins which i don't with the one on my line.

The tiles are really cedar shingles and they would go a silvery grey as they aged so the coulour is about right as it is now. You could do a subtle streaked patchy wash of thin black ink down them to give the effect of even more weathering as well as getting rid of the all over grey. After the wash just cover with matt (and only matt) varnish.

images

are they yr??....god!!..wow,,,,,,so i have been scatchbuilting a water tower tank with coffee sticks this morning!! ..look good and old time .....i just only pay 1o pounds for it so i did pm him to see if he can post me,,,he did,,,so tht why i fix it and re=modfied it.........so i saw this picture of pipe hanging down...what is suppose for?..

i have to make one......

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

hi mike,,,so if u want the sand box....why not i can swap yr nice figures tht they sit down on the sand depot..or another figures tht u mite have...if cant ..it ok...

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

Hi Steve
Thanks for you kind offer of the sand bins as a swap for a couple of figures. I will keep the figures that are lounging by the sand tower as they are kind of special but I will have a look at me spare 'people' box to see if there are any good ones that would suit you. No pressure on you for the swap, if you don't think that the figures I have are any good then no probs. I will pm you some photies of the figures if I have any.

The pipe is for the sand to be loaded into the loco sand hopper/bin/dome on the loco (depending if it is a diesel or steam). The sand would then be released onto the track by the driver wheels, through a pipe from the hopper/bin/dome, by the engineer to help grip especially when in icy conditions or when wheel slip was happening on starting up an incline or hauling a heavy string of cars or all three conditions!.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

hi mike......thks for the comments so let me know if u have any figures or what ever,,pm me with photos ok,,,,cheers...so my sand depot is done,,been weathering it,window cracks,new side walk,,and aslo safely barriers to stop peoples fall off from the plank to the tank,,,,,lol...so i have been using cut down old flyers and poster for the panel,,,,

aslo tank is been modfied......with coffee sticks,,,,,so will uploading it tmw........

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

Nice model both of you. I've copied some of your pics - might make my own version to fill a spot on my trailer layout.

Mick

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

steven large said:
,,and aslo safely barriers to stop peoples fall off from the plank to the tank,,,,,lol...

I have just noticed, in my photo, that a bird or something has nicked the ladder going up to the walkway on my building! :wits:

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

there u go......it will be done this week as i uploading more clear close shots of it....this week i did re-paint,weathering,details,etc.........THURS 26TH AUG...

any NICE comments................................thks u for lookin at this as especailly richie,breavercreek,mr spockie,marchman,etc....aslo ALEC for this new home....thks

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag

Great work Steve.
I like the way that you have weatheerd the signs like the peeling 'Goodrich' one. The building will blend in really well with your other ones.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

fri 27th aug...............................

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

fri....27th aug..........more will be done this weekend,,,,,,,,uploading full shots of sand depot and aslo in the garden plus i need a nice name on the sign board tht need a names on it..thks.................

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

That looks superbly realistic - I love the smashed windows (as an effect - wouldn't want it to happen in reality!). You're burning the midnight oil Steven. Keep up the good work - you have totally transformed it. It's a beauty.

Mick

marshman

Registered
9 Feb 2010
north norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Brilliant Steven, another great job. You are so good at coming up with an idea & doing it in no time. You should publish a book for all the budding modelers out there. You are very resourceful, you do so much with so little. Would make a good article for one of the G Scale mags or model railway magazines. Keep inspiring us all.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers

Looks fantastic Steven well done :clap:

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Re:my new home for SAND- DEPOT..and NEW scatchbuilting a sign....daniel whiskey

aslo i have been scatchbuilting a sign board for nxt to the depot from strirring coffee sticks......SAT-----28TH AUG.........need varished....

marshman

Registered
9 Feb 2010
north norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Re:my new home for SAND- DEPOT..and NEW scatchbuilting a sign....daniel whiskey

steven large said:
aslo i have been scatchbuilting a sign board for nxt to the depot from strirring coffee sticks......SAT-----28TH AUG.........need varished....

Top job again Steven.