Reactions: 6 users

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice loco,

Has the final drive gear been replaced with a brass one?
If no I suggest you purchase one from Bachmann spares whilst they have stock. It's fair to say the original plastic one will eventually fail.
The article below was written before Bachmann produced the brass replacement, They no longer offer plastic examples, even as spares.

replacing the B'mann 2-8-0 axle gear

Reactions: 1 users

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice loco,

Has the final drive gear been replaced with a brass one?
If no I suggest you purchase one from Bachmann spares whilst they have stock. It's fair to say the original plastic one will eventually fail.
The article below was written before Bachmann produced the brass replacement, They no longer offer plastic examples, even as spares.

replacing the B'mann 2-8-0 axle gear
Thanks Neal. No it hasn't been replaced yet. My buddy has some spares and said when he comes to visit in February he will replace it for me. Great info thanks again.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
That's a very nice line you have built there. I started out with self same Yellow Pine Connie, those skeletons and caboose 12 years ago - that nostalgic feeling is washing all over me. That's where the 1:20.3 bug bit........hard. Max

Reactions: 1 user

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
That's a very nice line you have built there. I started out with self same Yellow Pine Connie, those skeletons and caboose 12 years ago - that nostalgic feeling is washing all over me. That's where the 1:20.3 bug bit........hard. Max
Lol. I know what you mean. I want more lol.. thanks for the nice words about the layout. I'm not sure if it will ever be done. But course what would I do then lol.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Lunatic!! :eek:

Tearing about at that speed, with a dodgy load of logs! :(
No wonder there was an accident!! :nod:
;):clap::clap:

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking the same - it's going a bit fast!!

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah I was just testing it out . I normally don't run that fast lol. They were running late lol. He lost his air brakes. He was going down the grade doing 90 miles an hour when the whistle broke into a scream . He was found in the wreck with his hand on the throttle and scalded to death by the steam...... Lol

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah I was just testing it out . I normally don't run that fast lol. They were running late lol. He lost his air brakes. He was going down the grade doing 90 miles an hour when the whistle broke into a scream . He was found in the wreck with his hand on the throttle and scalded to death by the steam...... Lol

:eek::eek::eek::cry::cry:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
:tmi::( Not really LOL though

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Gotta change the loco number, then - 'Wreck of the ole' 97'

RogerK

Registered
3 Jun 2018
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Wife was playing Johnny's songs in the background when I read this. LOL She has the entire Columbia record collection.

Wreck of Old '97

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent. I prefer boxcar Willie version but Johnny Cash is great too