Country flag
Re:MTS PC 6.0 Software

oh my god,,,,,,
so much to learn,,,,
so little time,,
such a small brain,,,

bugger,,,,

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

daveyb said:
oh my god,,,,,,
so much to learn,,,,
so little time,,
such a small brain,,,

bugger,,,,
Just take it a step at a time Davey!

Well I set up a couple of switch routes, and got them working, although one set of points (number 8 crossover) did the opposite to what it's supposed to do!

Works as it should from the LGB 55015 Remote, or when controlling from the PC, so not sure why it does the opposite when every other pair of points are working correctly.

Maybe something I won't use a lot anyway....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Okay I've a question about Switch Routes?

I've done 2 routes, no problem.

I start the first route, the trackplan turns red for the route required, and I can then deselect that route.

However, I can't select the next route, or even go back to the original route! It seems to be a one shot thing!

Any ideas please....

f50467df431a48c1ae6571711891b50e.jpg

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers

Thats even Darker and deeper than i have been Giz

Is there a time delay on it, to allow all parts of the route to set or do you have to send a train down before you select something else..

Never been there but one day i will:clap::clap:

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

steve parberry said:
Thats even Darker and deeper than i have been Giz

Is there a time delay on it, to allow all parts of the route to set or do you have to send a train down before you select something else..

Never been there but one day i will:clap::clap:
Well I have an answer to my problems.

Firstly, I added another end point, so I have 2 routes with different start and endings. The help notes for the software says that you can have the same end point for 2 routes but it made more sense to me to have the start and end along side each other.

d35209b3c3074573b0ac4a8a2b724d14.jpg

Secondly, you left click on the start, then the end point to set your route. The route is then highlighted in RED. To unset you RIGHT click on the start then also RIGHT click on the end point. This then deselects the route, which changes back to black.

This worked in a Standalone mode, i.e. I haven't yet hooked up the PC to the LGB 55060 PC Interface and the MTS, so that'll be tomorrow's tasking....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers

I think this awesome. Can the trains obey signals etc? If so a video of it all happening would be really cool.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

CoggesRailway said:
I think this awesome. Can the trains obey signals etc? If so a video of it all happening would be really cool.

It's possible to schedule and automate the railway with the MTS software, but it would need more accessories and a lot of time and money to do it! You can get modules to do train detection and all kinds of things, but it's not something I want to do. I like to drive the trains!

So I've decided to use the PC as the signalling panel. I don't need to build a one with all the complex switches and wiring, even though I'm quite capable of doing it, and have done so. (In fact I do still have the panel as I can isolate track sections and still run analogue locos if required.)

It's easy to see the points on the track diagram on the PC, and change them by the click of the mouse, than by using the Universal Remote. Effectively, the PC is my Power Box!

I can also drive the locos from the PC, but it's not so easy to do using a mouse, and it's more enjoyable to use the Remote. I'm hoping to get a LGB 55016 Loco Remote shortly; this has the speed control knob rather than using the arrow push buttons of the LGB 55015 Universal Remote, which IMHO will be even better. Thus the Remote is my Loco Cab controls!

The PC display will still show me my Loco settings though, which is useful for cross checking/monitoring.

I will be adding signalling but going for a more traditional analogue method, using the LGB 12070 EPL Type 2 Switches on the point motors. This enables a simple interlocking system. I could of course use decoder fitted signals and control this via MTS and the PC if I wanted to though.

One signal, a converted Playmo colour light, has recently been installed at Quarry Junction, controlled as mentioned above, and there will be more signals to come....

0384236fe413470ea486e26f3d79f918.jpg

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers

Funnily enough i have a 55016 with the remote sender i have no use for. I used it as a remote for the dc loops. It needs tape to keep the battery flap secure but otherwise works fine. I have no idea what it is worth but you can make me an offer. £40? Or about that. No sweat if not mate it will probably just stay in the garage unitil i get organised. Have some still in bag point motors too!

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

CoggesRailway said:
Funnily enough i have a 55016 with the remote sender i have no use for. I used it as a remote for the dc loops. It needs tape to keep the battery flap secure but otherwise works fine. I have no idea what it is worth but you can make me an offer. £40? Or about that. No sweat if not mate it will probably just stay in the garage unitil i get organised. Have some still in bag point motors too!
Pm sent!!!! :clap:

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag

Hi Gizzy

Amazing stuff and just what I like, trains and electronics. Where do you get the MTS software?

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

SGR said:
Hi Gizzy

Amazing stuff and just what I like, trains and electronics. Where do you get the MTS software?

Hullo Paul,

I got MTS-PC 4.0 with the purchase of a second hand PC Interface, LGB 55060, but I found the later 6.0 software as a free on-line down load from here;

http://www.gartenbahn.at/index.php?menuid=44&reporeid=61

An earlier post on this thread by Cliff mentions the Stellwerk software, which is a later version of the LGB one.

Might be more suitable for your needs....

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag

Thanks Gizzy but it seems that the LGB/MTS software is not compatible with windows 7.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

If you are running 64bit Windows 7 then you will have to run it under XP in a virtual machine.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

SGR said:
Thanks Gizzy but it seems that the LGB/MTS software is not compatible with windows 7.

I'm using an old lappy with Win 2K Paul.

Maybe you should check out the Stellwerk option as Cliff suggested.

Here's the linky;

http://www.stellwerk-software.de/index_e.html

Works with Win 7 and compiled by Jurgen Schwarz, the same chap who wrote the MTS-PC software....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Well following the purchase of Cogges's 55016 Lok Remote and 55050 RC Sender,
I now have the option of control with either 55015/16 Universal/Loco Remotes with RC Senders, a tethered option via cable for either remote, and Lappy Control using MTS-PC software.

And I've just spent an hour in the sunshine, shunting 3 locos about!
What more fun could a bloke have, whilst still keeping his keks on....