MTS 3/ DIMAX ISSUE

Timlgb20192

Registered
5 Feb 2021
Florida
Best answers
I recently have had a strange issue with my MTS 3 system. I typically use a Dimax navigator and everything has worked fine for the last few years. All of the sudden I cannot select an engine number that I have not previously used. For an example, 1/5/11 are numbers I do not have an engine programmed for and if I try to reprogram one to any of those numbers the engines will not respond.

Timlgb20192

Registered
5 Feb 2021
Florida
Best answers
So it worked before, but not now?

If so, did you upgrade firmware on anything?

Greg
I don’t have the ability to upgrade firmware. I did try my old 55016 remote and it had the same issue. I am thinking the central station is the issue.

Timlgb20192

Registered
5 Feb 2021
Florida
Best answers
I don’t have the ability to upgrade firmware. I did try my old 55016 remote and it had the same issue. I am thinking the central station is the issue.
I worked!!’ Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it!

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I'm glad but would you mind cluing the rest of us in to what worked?

Timlgb20192

Registered
5 Feb 2021
Florida
Best answers
I'm glad but would you mind cluing the rest of us in to what worked?
A friend of mine sent me an email.
Here is what he suggested.
Tim - Try this approach: Leave Stainz Loco #2 on the screen; then Press M3 to bring up the Main Menu, drop arrow to Decoder Program line, Press OK for Loco Address, Press Ok drops to Address line, Press 1, Press OK, drops to Speeds Steps line, keep 14 or change to 28, the Press OK. Now your Stainz should be set to Address 1 and Speed Steps "x".

its odd because I have never programmed using this method.