MRC 5A SOUND DECODER PROBLEM....

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
[size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt] [size=14pt][size=14pt] I brought one of these sound decoders from my local model shop for £65 (inc a small speaker) and fitted it to my V51.
[/size][size=14pt]

It runs fine, but recently, all the function sounds F1-F8 are now only the bell.
[/size]
[size=14pt]
[/size]

[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt]
[size=14pt][size=14pt]Not sure why it all changed but the normal diesel loco sounds and brake squeal when stopping work fine. It's just the selectable ones above!
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

[size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt][size=14pt]I guess it works just like any other decoder, so you don't neeed to be familiar with the MRC product if your a Massoth, LGB, Lenz or any other manufacturer, but help and advice will be gratefully received....[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Gary, I cant remember if your MTS is serial or parallel....if its parallel have you accidently switched the function mode for this address to serial and it is sending multiple function 1 commands to the loco? Not sure if the MRC product will handle a serial function stream.

To switch from serial to parallel and vise versa, on your LGB hand set select the loco and press the F and 9 keys.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
muns said:
Gary, I cant remember if your MTS is serial or parallel....if its parallel have you accidently switched the function mode for this address to serial and it is sending multiple function 1 commands to the loco? Not sure if the MRC product will handle a serial function stream.

To switch from serial to parallel and vise versa, on your LGB hand set select the loco and press the F and 9 keys.
I have MTS2 Parallel Mark.

I'll try your suggestion now....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Five stars awarded to Mark!

Made sure that the Universal Remote was selected to parallel in both tethered and wireless modes, as I think that it changed when I used the LGB 55050/55055 sender/receiver for the first time recently....