MD Electronics 30Z

adamski

Registered
14 Jul 2016
kent
Best answers
Country flag
Good evening

I was wondering if anyone has used or got a base station from MD electronics IE the 30Z. I run my layout with Massoth at present but this looks like a massoth system but much better for a start it outputs 30a with no booster, it also allows the use of other firms products. I am thinking of getting one because my 5 years OO gauge layout is run using the Roco z21 system which for a 5 year old to use is great and to be honest I do like the app. I also enjoy the massoth navigator so if this controller from MD electronics can let me use both then I think it would be a great buy. My son loves to run the g scale layout but the navigator is hard to use for a 5 year where as he can use the Roco z21 app and he can runs is layout perfectly. I know Roco do a g scale unit but its limited to 5amp and when we are running 15 trains with lights sound and smoke need something with a larger output . If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them

Many thanks

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
If you are running 15 trains, then you should have separate power districts, so a short only affects that district. Multiple 5 amp boosters is what you normally use in this kind of situation.

I have 4 boosters effectively on my layout, so it keeps them separate, problems do not shut down the entire layout.

I use Zimo, I have two MX10, so I have two 12 amp outputs and two 8 amp outputs, and the Zimo supports the z21 app directly, plug it into your home network and use your home wifi.

Very pleased and many features including RailComm.

Greg