McKeen car

Jerry Barnes

Garden Railways, Live Steam, Jukeboxes, Record Col
27 Oct 2009
USA-central Nebraska
thescrr.com
Best answers
Country flag
McKeen cars were made in Omaha, NE by UP. They were used on short lines to replace small trains. Gasoline power with small crews they were popular, some even went to Australia. MacBrass.jpg
McKeen B _1_.jpg
Metal shell I got for my car was not quite the same as this one, several different models were made as years went on. I live in Kansas and this ran here. The car came with the brass rings, which I liked, so I used them and brass strips around the square windows so that would match. Cars did not really have those.. Had to make the roof from wood I sanded to shape and covered with metal tape I added rivet patterns to, I also used the tape on the metal body. Aristo truck was used on battery power. Still have a few things to finish up. Need to get decals from Stan.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Someone had to make one :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I'd never seen these before: they pre-date streamlining and Art Deco by about twenty years and must have seem very advanced when new: compare them with the Model T, which was introduced in 1908. And you've made a great job of the model! :clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
They even compete with current English Railway offerings with poor vision for the punters.

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here.
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
In that dark red they must have looked impressive.