Registered
12 Dec 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All,

I have just installed an XLS in a Bachmann three truck Shay. I have the running sounds linked to the speed steps (no hall sensor etc. used). Works okay except for one issue. When I reduce the speed to zero, the running sounds decrease wit respect to the speed but at zero speed, it still outputs the sounds as if it is on speed value 2. In fact if you increase the speed to step 1, the rate of chuffs goes down! If I turn off the DCC and then back on it is okay. It only occurs when I decelerate to zero. I have a second Shay set up exactly the same which does not exhibit this issue. Any thoughts? Worth me reloading the sound file and resetting the decoder?

Geoff

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
There is a CV setting something like minimum voltage for sound in DCC - sorry not got manuals to hand. I think you need to increase this to be at least bigger than minimum speed voltage CV2(?). I had to do this on one of my Saxon 1Ks to stop it chuffing when it had stopped! HTH

LGeoB

Registered
12 Dec 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
There is a CV setting something like minimum voltage for sound in DCC - sorry not got manuals to hand. I think you need to increase this to be at least bigger than minimum speed voltage CV2(?). I had to do this on one of my Saxon 1Ks to stop it chuffing when it had stopped! HTH
Thanks for the info - I'll check it out.

Geoff