Massoth Switch Decoder

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
55.5 said:
How many point motors to be operated ny a Navigator can you wire in to one of these?

http://www.massoth.com/dlbereich/datei.php?id=170 Will this download help you Roland

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
On the LGB one it was possible to run more by doubling (tying two motors together)and increasing the time. I woud think the same is possible with massoth

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
the original versions of the massoth switch decoder could drive 3 seporate switch (point) drives. they then enhanced them to handle 4.

if you need 2 point motors to operate simultainiously then you can double up on one set of outputs (as Phill has mentioned).

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
55.5 said:
How many point motors to be operated ny a Navigator can you wire in to one of these?

Quite a few, but as stated already you only have four separately operable connections in the decoder. I have two points connected to several of my Massoth units' connections (i.e. 8 points per switch decoder). No problems at all. I suspect you could go higher as each operation uses about 1 amp of current momentarily, as measured on my layout.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
55.5 said:
Thanks lads its sorted.

The new point has been doubled up with an existing one and they both perform impeccably.

As the points are virtually "in line" and one forks left and one forks right I should be able to stage manage some heart stopping near misses (provided I press the right paddle!!!!!!!)

Or the left paddle:D:D