markrussell1966

I Love Live Steam
24 Nov 2013
Worcestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hi I have aproblem with my Massoth digital pulsed smoke generator fitted to my Sumpter Valley Mallet. It still works fine but F7 will no longer turn it on and off. It used to and it’s just stopped working . Before I take apart the SVM which is a bit tricky any ideas anyone? I prefer to turn it off when not in use just in case it overheats or melts something!

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
These have their own decoder. It is possible it lost the address somehow in some inadvertent reset? You could see if using address 3 and then F7 turns it off. If this is the case is it wired so you can attempt to program it isolated from the motor decoder?

markrussell1966

I Love Live Steam
24 Nov 2013
Worcestershire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
All sorted now. Linked up to programming module and on checking cv settings all appeared to be ok but F7 still not switching on and off. I just reloaded the same settings and all is ok now? Must have just had a bit of a wobble?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
scary, if it read ok, but loading the same values gives different result! :worried:

Nah, just another unexplained mystery of 'The Dark Arts'! ;):giggle::giggle:

Now, if it was controlling an autonomous weapons system.. :eek::eek::oops:

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
All sorted now. Linked up to programming module and on checking cv settings all appeared to be ok but F7 still not switching on and off. I just reloaded the same settings and all is ok now? Must have just had a bit of a wobble?

Hi - What DCC driving/sound decoder are you using, a Massoth unit. If they're both Massoth, then I would think there should be no CV programming conflicts between the Massoth smoke and decoder units if they are both set to the same address. Check the Massoth smoke unit's configuration guide for the on/off CV setting v. the decoder's CV setting. If your driving/sound decoder is a different manufacture, then definitely, as Greg indicates, you'll need to disconnect the power from each other when you need to make a CV adjustment. I have an LGB Uintah that I installed a LGB decoder and a Phoenix sound unit, and boy are these locos a pain to take apart, and especially reassemble!