Massoth Navigator problems

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All,

I was using the navigator for approx 30 mins then switched it all off to do some track work, when I switched it all back on the Navigator would only flash through the start up procedure, any ideas please

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Netherlands, near Aachen ;-)
Best answers
Country flag
remove batteries...and wait a few minutes

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
As its currently tethered/wired to the central station there are no batteries in it ?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
As its currently tethered/wired to the central station there are no batteries in it ?
In which case, unplug it, to create the same effect..

Has it been unplugged from the Central Station?

If so, is it definitely plugged into the correct port?

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi , Yes it has been plugged into the central station and is in the correct port,

I will try taking it out and see what happens, do you know what firmware it should have please ?

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Since you're not using the wireless feature, which is the more common operating issue with the Massoth system, it's difficult to say what your issue might be. For example, I don't know if a failed transmitter board in your Navigator, even though not being used, could cause tethered operating issues. I'd suggest you contact the Massoth Hotline with your issue for advice: hotline@massoth.de Don't expect an immediate response, sometimes takes 1 -2 weeks due to their staffing shortages.

The latest Firmware Version for the Navigator is 2.20.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Have you tried a different cable?

One thing, disconnect it, put some batteries in it and switch it on, see if the Navigator switches on then.

If it dosnt boot to something that looks the norm then I suspect the Navigator has a fault.
If it does then it most likely could be 1 of three things, blown bus buffer in the Navigator, blown bus buffer in the Central Station or the cable.

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All,

Apologies for not getting back sooner, I will check as said and see what happens, thankyou .

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
If unplugging from the CS does not work then try updating to the latest firmware through the CS. You will need the Massoth Service Tool and a computer connected to your CS. Which model CS is it?

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, Ive tried a 3rd & 4th navigator and these work at the moment,

The Central Station is a 1210Z if off any help ?,

The Navigators vary on display at start up .......

Display is showing 01011 .... 2.01e & below it is 00000 ... 2.6, another one has the same but flashes on/off all the time,

Another has 01011 ... 1.40 & below it is ... 2.6.

Another has 07088 ... 2.00D and below it ...2.6.

I take it they all need updating ?, please note with the exception of the 3rd shown (1.40/2.6) this is really the first time ive needed to get these out for use then it went downhill fast.

These have all been tried tethered but will be used wifi when I can get them to work as I have the receiver on hand.

Thankyou for all your help with this.

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi anybody do you think the navigators need updating please ?

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi - I've already suggested contacting the Massoth Hotline with your issue........they're the manufacturer and real expert, not us users or sellers, like myself.

Something you can do yourself with the Navigator that's tethered and stopped working, try the Factory Reset process and see if that helps. The process is in the Navigator's User Guide.