Massoth LS braking sounds issue??

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Currently doing two LS installs on LGB Stainz loco's. I'm having issues with the brake sounds on the LS that is in the first loco. When running and accelerating, I get the brake noise sound at various points. It goes when I hit speed step 6, 11, 16, 21 and 25 but not when I slow down. Has anybody seen this before? I've programmed up the second LS and connected it to just a motor block on it seems to work correctly.
On the loco, I'm connected to the forward/rear/internal lighting socket, Output 1 to smoke, and output 3 to cab light. Also noticed that the chuff noise doesn't drop off when I slow down like it does on the motor block. Pretty sure I've put in the same sound file and cv file in to both. Am I looking at a decoder fault?

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
...On the loco, I'm connected to the forward/rear/internal lighting socket, Output 1 to smoke, and output 3 to cab light. Also noticed that the chuff noise doesn't drop off when I slow down like it does on the motor block. Pretty sure I've put in the same sound file and cv file in to both. Am I looking at a decoder fault?
Are you saying the LS decoder is connected to the lighting socket? Is that directly from the track or does it go through some voltage stabiliser/limiter circuitry? I would connect the decoder directly to the track feeds unless the loco is DCC ready in which case use whatever decoder interface is provided.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Think the OP means he has connected the lights, as listed??

Wondering if the motor is a little past-it, and back-EMF is causing the decoder to think the loco is slowing down??

Is the quartering spot-on. - If the motion gets tight, it might fool the decoder, perhaps??

If this is the latest firmware:
You have all the secondary conditions for effects.. Some of these CV's could be corrupt??

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. It seems something cv wise may not have loaded correctly ? I ended up reading all the cv's off the working chassis and writing them straight back to the loco and now both work fine.