Massoth factory goofup

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
My friend, who continues to amuse me with his tales of Massoth woes, has one more for the books. Last weekend he received an XLS factory loaded with BR80 sound file. This is a factory fresh version 2.4 decoder. The friend purchased the decoder intending to replace the software with the latest upgrade download and Mallett sound file. Every attempt to upgrade and change the file resulted in an 'invalid header' message and the programmer would shut down. The friend has upgraded and replaced sound files on quite a few decoders, so not an error on his part.

The million dollar question is what was the problem????

It seems that a factory personnel, thinking the decoder was an "LS" and not an "XLS" decoder, loaded the decoder with 'LS' software and sound file. It is not possible to rewrite the decoder as an 'XLS'. Possibly if one treated it as an 'LS' then one could upgrade and change sound files. The tales of my friends misery and woe with Massoth continues.

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Tim:
I find your take on the problem with the decoder a bit far fetched. Your friend should contact Massoth through the forum and his problem will be resolved.

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Mohammed,
every time he tried to read the decoder it would come up 'LS' type. Any other explanation than the factory loaded the decoder with a 'LS' file?