Massoth 'consisting' (lashing-up) has it been updated?

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Not having kept up with all of the updates that Massoth have put out over the last year or so, I was wondering...

I run US outline and like to 'lash-up' diesels or even steamers, sometimes as a whole lot of grunt up front, or interspersed as 'helpers' amongst the freight or passenger rake.
So... when diesels are 'lashed' up they are prototypically not always or even rarely configured 'nose to tail' elephant style.

If, when using the Massoth system (1200Z and wireless navigators), I wish to 'consist' and I am lashing-up separate diesels that work usually as solo ones, I have to have them put together 'nose to tail' or I have to adjust the CV programming for the locos (reversing direction) that I want to perhaps 'tail to tail' etc.

Other DCC systems have ways of making this easier, and although this feature was called for as many as 6 years back, Massoth have not included 'consisting' flexibility into their software/firmware updates...unless of course I have missed the specific update...which could easily be the case..

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Mike, as far as I know they have not done anything to resolve this. I will raise it with them again when I speak to them.

Reactions: 1 user
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, after 3 years, my Zimo MX10 system finally has it with the direction of individual locos stored in the consist definition. I guess it is so rare in europe, the priority to add this function is low. The Zimo system still does not do NMRA advanced consisting, but as usual they have plenty of options to come close.

I do like the advanced consisting, since reversing the direction of the consist can automatically change which loco will do horn and bell.

You just have to keep requesting for the "traction" option, which is what it seems to be called in Germany/Austria.

Greg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Consisting as such would be quite rare in Europe as Greg says. Perhaps over some of the hillier sections of Switzerland where loads would have been high before many of the base tunnels were built. Certainly on the NG Rack Lines in Bosnia where a couple if smallish Rack Locomotives one each end would blast up the rack. Also I remember the ‘Iron Mountain’ at Vordenburg in Austria where up to 3 x 0-6-2 Standard Gauge Tanks would be in charge of blasting a long Train of Empty Hoppers back to the Loading Points, once seen never forgoten. So there may be a need but a small one.