Massoth Booster 1203B help

Lucky13Seleven

Registered
24 Mar 2021
So cal
Best answers
Country flag
Okay I’m new to everything DCC, so I have a second hand Booster well 2 of them. When I turn one of them on it goes through the boot up process and when it goes to the green light then yellow light flashing it clicks and then resets like it shorted out. The other one does the same thing but when it clicks it goes to the green light and is ready to go. It did this a few times when first tested but then it stopped and started working normally. But now it just keeps doing this. I’m not sure if it’s damaged or what. I can’t ask the previous owner because I don’t know who it is I bought it off a guy who is doing work on someone’s house and thought it maybe a good idea to keep this stuff instead of throwing it away. So please any help would be great since I live in the states and can speak German very well.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
If you live in the States, but speak German well, then a call to Massoth, would be your best-bet..

You can send things to them for repair, and their turn - round times are better these days.
Whether it is worth the costs of carriage and repair, is a judgment call, you will have to make.

PhilP

Lucky13Seleven

Registered
24 Mar 2021
So cal
Best answers
Country flag
If you live in the States, but speak German well, then a call to Massoth, would be your best-bet..

You can send things to them for repair, and their turn - round times are better these days.
Whether it is worth the costs of carriage and repair, is a judgment call, you will have to make.

PhilP
wow!..... thanks for the info that is widely known..... now why would i post this to a forum to get information that i can get from the massoth site..... i posted here looking for advise that people with first hand accounts with Massoth could give me that wasn't just "call Massoth" and i cant speak German well enough to understand technical information.
but Phil i just pulled it apart myself troubleshoot it and found a bad diode and capacitor and ordered new ones offline and will be fixing this myself and hey beside calling someone that doesn't offer any help or bad old information regarding business they have in the states (Massoth) and paying for that over seas phone call ill just be paying about $10 in parts and maybe an hour of my time. (including writing this response.)

why cant forums be what they use to be regarding technical help. no one on a car forum will say "i guess call ford to get it fixed" no they tell you what to check and how to and give you first hand accounts!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Please carefully read the last sentence of your original post.

I was only trying to help.

PhilP

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Well, living in the USA and using a German (actually Austrian) product, it took a while for me to learn which repairs were best handled stateside and which directly to Austria, and I am NOT new to everything DCC.

"lucky": You say you are new to everything DCC, then go on to state "thanks for the info that is widely known".... I would submit one or the other of your 2 statements is in error.

People giving you their best knowledge really appreciate being slapped in the face for trying to help, it's a known way to win friends and influence people.

Greg

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
wow!..... thanks for the info that is widely known..... now why would i post this to a forum to get information that i can get from the massoth site..... i posted here looking for advise that people with first hand accounts with Massoth could give me that wasn't just "call Massoth" and i cant speak German well enough to understand technical information.
but Phil i just pulled it apart myself troubleshoot it and found a bad diode and capacitor and ordered new ones offline and will be fixing this myself and hey beside calling someone that doesn't offer any help or bad old information regarding business they have in the states (Massoth) and paying for that over seas phone call ill just be paying about $10 in parts and maybe an hour of my time. (including writing this response.)

why cant forums be what they use to be regarding technical help. no one on a car forum will say "i guess call ford to get it fixed" no they tell you what to check and how to and give you first hand accounts!
Did you author the book "how to make friends and influence people": Please don't "go off on one" just because the advice of one person does not suit your liking, this forum is full of helpful and friendly people, and people will provide what information they can, but your attitude above does not encourage anybody to help you.