Massoth and DCC concepts

adamski

Registered
14 Jul 2016
kent
Best answers
Country flag
Good evening all

After visiting the Hornby train show today and after discussions with DCC concepts I have purchased the following ESP control system as I find using the navigator a pain to set alter points and control say 3 or 4 trains on the layout at the same time. Before I wire this in was wondering if anyone could see any problems. I can limit the voltage from the massoth 1210z to say 21v output apart from that I see no problems if the massoth system does output true DCC ?. The reasons behind this is i like the idea of setting up at each station and shunting yard with a set of these Cobalt-S Lever (12 Pack) on a piece board with the wireless sender and battery pack so I can carry it out when using the layout and will make life easier and can build it as a mimic board of the layout and then just use the navigator for train control. My layout has some 42 sets of points so just really want some way to interface good old analogue switch's to control the massoth switch decoders and this be wireless seams perfect

ESP link

many thanks

adam

all thoughts welcome if there is anything better as i can use this on my sons oo gauge if not

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
I would suggest you look at the 'route setting' facility built into your Navigator handset. One code for each entire route. I use it exclusively now - never bother changing just one point.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I suspect the following will be of no use to you unless all of your Massoth decoders are 4 channel and centrally located (very unlikely as that defeats one great advantage of DCC). All Massoth 4 channel turnout decoders I'm aware of can also be operated with analog switches. It entails opening them up and soldering wires to existing solder pads. See the Massoth decoder manual.

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
Just reiterate stockers stockers observation which is exactly how the Leuchtturm Garten Bahn is operated, along with the occasional use of the round button, all of which is adequately described in the Navigator Manual.

Also extensive use is made of the Automation Routines as in Automatic Drive and Automatic Switch.

To further expand on P phils2um observation, can also use Reed Switches for activation, and the MD VKW is a economical and reliable alternative.

Massoth Switch Decoders Trigger Contacts.jpg

Massoth Switch Decoders.jpg

MD VKW.JPG
MD VKW Normal.jpg

MD VKW Thrown.jpg