Massoth 8242030 Pulse Generator

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
A new item from Massoth is the 8242030 Pulse Generator for synchronising Massoth sound units. Anyone know if this can be used with LGB sound boxes? It looks if it will just plug in but I would not like to damage the LGB unit.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Mike,

I do not have any technical documentation on the LGB sound units (if any one has any can you forward them on to me please?) but if the wheel sensor connector has 3 pins (+, CLK & GND) then I would expect this sensor to work (you may need to change the connector though).

According to the Massoth documentstion the fitted connector is:
f31e17cf247e44e582458510e1a18301.jpg

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
muns said:
Hi Mike,

I do not have any technical documentation on the LGB sound units (if any one has any can you forward them on to me please?) but if the wheel sensor connector has 3 pins (+, CLK & GND) then I would expect this sensor to work (you may need to change the connector though).

The connector looks like the one on the LGB unit & as the LGB electronics originated at Massoth I was hoping to use one of these. I have not been able to get an LGB sensor apart to find out what is inside but was hoping they were interchangeable.

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Just fitted one to a rugens and it works very well with the massoth board no more not quite right sounds will be fitting one to a lgb board soon so will keep you informed.