MARKLIN ANNOUNCES 2024 LGB NEW ITEMS

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Foks - Marklin Germany has announced its 2024 new items for all its product lines including LGB. For those US Mogul fans, they are producing another model for 2024 shown below to be released 3rd Quarter 2024. They are also going to do another production run on the LGB 20215 Christmas Stainz with the lighted tree on the front, something many of us LGB Dealers have been requesting since its original introduction in 2018. If you order an item on the New Items List during January, many LGB Dealers will provide an additional discount off their posted prices.

The New Items Flyer is too large to attach.

1704746822703.png

MTheStrong

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Harwich
Best answers
Country flag
also announced are 2 HSB Mallets in Green (99502) and Black (99501). However the cost Euro3,790 might put some people off purchasing them. I travelled behind this Mallet in 2001:

2001-10-25.TIF.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
So, nothing actually new, then :mm::mm:

FatherMcD

Registered
13 Mar 2014
Idaho
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Foks - Marklin Germany has announced its 2024 new items for all its product lines including LGB. For those US Mogul fans, they are producing another model for 2024 shown below to be released 3rd Quarter 2024. They are also going to do another production run on the LGB 20215 Christmas Stainz with the lighted tree on the front, something many of us LGB Dealers have been requesting since its original introduction in 2018. If you order an item on the New Items List during January, many LGB Dealers will provide an additional discount off their posted prices.

Is there a link to download the flyer?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
also announced are 2 HSB Mallets in Green (99502) and Black (99501). However the cost Euro3,790 might put some people off purchasing them. I travelled behind this Mallet in 2001:

View attachment 322612
5906 is a very different beast to 5901 and 5902 having open framed bogies each end. The others have an open frame bogie at the front end but closed ones at the rear as you can see in the pic below. Plus scales permitting the Train Line 45 ine below is clearly shorter.
IMG_7804.jpeg
Sadly my 5906 has not seen much running, I have not yet had the courage to pull this metal loco apart to convert it to battery power.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 322611
I guess you have looked at the products predominantly with an eye to things of interest your side of the pond.however for Europe the 2 Metal Articulated Harz based puffers is a pretty big deal, these are a much better offering than the Train Line 45 ones and the price I guess represents a Metal Build. Also the RHB GE4/6 previously announced I think looks like an introduction this year. As for rolling stock, so far as I can see re-liveries that will please some.

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Once again nothing to get excited about unless willing to spend literally thousands of pounds on.

Same old models getting re-runs in different colours.

Me being critical, it seems like Marklin are trying to wind the hobby down.

Meanwhile PIKO seem to be upping their game, both in variety, and quality of build.

Overall, very, very disappointed. Especially for the American Enthusiast. Just another mogul, in another irrelevant colour.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Once again nothing to get excited about unless willing to spend literally thousands of pounds on.

Meanwhile PIKO seem to be upping their game, both in variety, and quality of build.

Overall, very, very disappointed. Especially for the American Enthusiast. Just another mogul, in another irrelevant colour.
Agreed the Piko offerings are upping their game but seriously short on NG offerings for this side of the pond, the Harz Kamel is about the only thing I can think of. Most of the Piko German equipment is a strange gauge/scale offering of Standard Gauge kit.

wandgrudd

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The new RHB rack loco looks good.

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
So, nothing actually new, then :mm::mm:
The HGe 4/4 II MGB Glacier is new. Its a pretty interesting offering for rack and Swiss enthusiasts. Its the only one I'm aware of from any of the companies offering G scale.

Software Tools

Registered
18 Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Best answers
Country flag

The MGB HGe 4/4 II and RhB Ge 4/6 locos are entirely new models and very welcome as well. The new rack drive on the MGB loco opens up a new range of operation that was not possible with the earlier small rack locos.

Also, this is just the start of the new items for 2024. Based on what happened in 2023, further new LGB item releases will follow during the year.

IMG_6746.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jbray90

Registered
19 Nov 2020
USA
Best answers
Country flag
What's the over/under on the Mallets being released as traditional injection models? Should I just be in the mindset that the Trainline versions are all we'll ever get? I was thinking LGB would not even make any of the locomotives that Trainline produced due to competitiveness of the market and yet here we are.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
What's the over/under on the Mallets being released as traditional injection models? Should I just be in the mindset that the Trainline versions are all we'll ever get? I was thinking LGB would not even make any of the locomotives that Trainline produced due to competitiveness of the market and yet here we are.
Not quite sure what you are trying to say, likely difference in English as spoken different sides of the pond. However the LGB ones are quality metal offerings and have a much higher level if detail compared to the TrainLine 45 ones. My picture showing my Aster compared to the TL one (post #7 though this has had some additional modified pipe work carried out) will give a clue to the different level of detail with many of the pipes being separate added ones as on my Aster one.

jbray90

Registered
19 Nov 2020
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Not quite sure what you are trying to say, likely difference in English as spoken different sides of the pond. However the LGB ones are quality metal offerings and have a much higher level if detail compared to the TrainLine 45 ones. My picture showing my Aster compared to the TL one (post #7 though this has had some additional modified pipe work carried out) will give a clue to the different level of detail with many of the pipes being separate added ones as on my Aster one.
Sure, I can try and be more clear:

The LGB high-end models are not currently (and for the foreseeable future) in my budget range. When the high-end Kroks came out a couple of years ago, they also released a "traditional" plastic-injection (Luran-S) model alongside the metal ones. With the HSB mallets there is not one. My question is should I hold out for future LGB HSB mallet in the regular production style or is that unlikely? I was supposing that LGB may only make a high-end version as Trainline already makes a plastic one and the expected return on investment when a competitor has one is too uncertain for the market.

Reactions: 1 users

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
So far none of the unique high end models have translated down to the more mass-produced regular line, although the opposite seems to be true
Sure, I can try and be more clear:

The LGB high-end models are not currently (and for the foreseeable future) in my budget range. When the high-end Kroks came out a couple of years ago, they also released a "traditional" plastic-injection (Luran-S) model alongside the metal ones. With the HSB mallets there is not one. My question is should I hold out for future LGB HSB mallet in the regular production style or is that unlikely? I was supposing that LGB may only make a high-end version as Trainline already makes a plastic one and the expected return on investment when a competitor has one is too uncertain for the market.
Last year's Heidi/Rhatia GE 3/4 has not been produced in a plastic model this year or last. Interestingly this was previously produced in plastic in several different versions - 21272, 20271, 20274 as recently as 2018.

The Fairlie has also not been done in a plastic version.

So my point is 'maybe', but there's no real consistency to determine if thats their aim or not. My guess is they will do it if they think it will sell, but it might be a few years away.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
The MGB HGe 4/4 II and RhB Ge 4/6 locos are entirely new models and very welcome as well. The new rack drive on the MGB loco opens up a new range of operation that was not possible with the earlier small rack locos.

Also, this is just the start of the new items for 2024. Based on what happened in 2023, further new LGB item releases will follow during the year.

View attachment 322627
This new rack system does sound interesting, not much info on it yet. Price way out of my budget, final salary ex government pension workers may only apply.