Low relief art deco abandoned tram station. Inspiration wanted

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,
As part of my proposed 45mm / 32mm tramway I wanted to have a bit of interest at the mid point. I've settled on a operational tram shed with an adjacent semi abandoned 32mm yard with a disused station building. Looking through the boxes of 'carp' I came upon a vaguely art deco building facade from some unknown kids toy set. The area available is very narrow, so a low relief building would be ideal. I'm thinking of a half cylinder or square pagoda on top of the flat roof.
What I'm looking for is some images of a derelict / run down / abandoned building of a similar type.
If anyone has any links to or photos of such buildings, I'd be interested to see them. Particularly stained and boarded up ones.
Cheers,
Paul.
Bachmann engineer shown for scale.
DSCF0070.JPGDSCF0068.JPGDSCF0072.JPG

Last edited:

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,
As part of my proposed 45mm / 32mm tramway I wanted to have a bit of interest at the mid point. I've settled on a operational tram shed with an adjacent semi abandoned 32mm yard with a disused station building. Looking through the boxes of 'carp' I came upon a vaguely art deco building facade from some unknown kids toy set. The area available is very narrow, so a low relief building would be ideal. I'm thinking of a half cylinder or square pagoda on top of the flat roof.
What I'm looking for is some images of a derelict / run down / abandoned building of a similar type.
If anyone has any links to or photos of such buildings, I'd be interested to see them. Particularly stained and boarded up ones.
Cheers,
Paul.
Bachmann engineer shown for scale.
View attachment 280850View attachment 280848View attachment 280851
Just a thought but there is a site on the web,"disused railway stations" there are many old pics on there of old abandoned buildings,maybe worth checking it out,quite a comprehensive site and may take a bit of time to look through but interesting anyway.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, there is also Home – Subterranea Britannica which does have some of the abandoned London Tube stations. From recollection, the facades of some of these may give a bit of inspiration, although in many instances, they were in buildings over three storeys tall.

It does, however, give an insight into the urban scene :nod::nod:

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The obvious ones are the likes of Bispham on the Blackpool-Fleetwood tramway.......

D5-616a.JPG

You should be able to find several pictures on the internet that don't have a tram in the way!

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
If you do a search on Bispham Tram Station and select images you'll get quite a few different locations such as this:
tram station 1.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Old Blackpool is probably the richest source of Art Deco Station Waiting Shelters and Staff Rooms. Still a few doing sterling service but some iconic buildings replaced on the update of the supystem to accommodate the new Fizzy purple Trams.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Try the Derelict London website, that's full of pictures of boarded up buildings, it also has links to other towns' derelict building websites

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. I've now found the inspiration I was looking for .
Not only for the building, but the abandoned railcar too.
Ok it's a tram not a railcar, but close enough as it's the state and texture of decay I was after.
Tram fans should not click on the link below:

paul.