Looking forward to the 2020 ECLSTS

Maryland Mike

Registered
30 May 2018
Gaithersburg MD
Best answers
Hope everyone is ready to go for this years ECLSTS in Timonium MD this year? I was one of the unfortunate few who grabbed last year's show date off the internet too early before the show and never bothered to check back for updated info and actually showed up a week late to the York show. It was devastating. I spoke with a guy from the fairgrounds who said I was not alone so hopefully anyone who was in my boat last year will get a chance to enjoy it this year. It is a lot closer to me in Maryland this year so I kind of feel like they just felt bad for me and moved it closer. A lot of Corona Virus fears out there right now and it is my sincere hope that the show will go on and we will all get in and out without any issues. Currently there is only a handful of people in MD who may be infected with as many or less in surrounding states so in my humble opinion, I would think we are at a low risk for such an event for the next week or two at least. Remember to wash your hands four times a day kids and hope to see you all there!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I think travelling to the East Coast Large Scale Train Show, in the US of A is a little to far for me :)

Maryland Mike

Registered
30 May 2018
Gaithersburg MD
Best answers
How are the shows over there? I saw a horrible you tube video of a show somewhere in Europe that was vandalized the night after the room was set up the day before the show. I think that was a year or two ago but it was one of the worst things to see for any hobbyist. Never been out of the US but from what I can see on videos it looks like there is no shortage of super nice scale models and garden rails over there. You folks have been doing it for a looooong time.

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
How are the shows over there? I saw a horrible you tube video of a show somewhere in Europe that was vandalized the night after the room was set up the day before the show. I think that was a year or two ago but it was one of the worst things to see for any hobbyist. Never been out of the US but from what I can see on videos it looks like there is no shortage of super nice scale models and garden rails over there. You folks have been doing it for a looooong time.

Hi Maryland Mike - I assume you got the word that the East Coast Large Scale Train Show at the Maryland State Fair Grounds site scheduled for 13 - 14 March 2020 has been cancelled due to the Corona COVID-19 outbreak in the USA. I got the word by email late Thursday from the WV&M Garden Railway Society I belong to here in the Washington DC Metro Area. Hopefully, they will reschedule the 2020 show to a later date this year instead of cancelling it totally for 2020. As a "senior" I had already decided to not attend to play it safe.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I was at the show and even though it was closed, people wandered in while all of us vendors were packing up. All vendors and material had to be out by 6PM Friday.
I was lucky and found a car I did not know I needed. It was the Delton Campbell soup car which will go with my LGB Campbell train.