Looking for a reverse loop for battery train diagram

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, i am looking for a diagram or help on a reverse loop using just a single point with one spring. There is no power, just a light spring & the power of the train pushes the points over.
Has anyone seen a diagram. I did see a video once, but cant find it. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
This should help: Automatic model railroad reversing loops for DC, DCC or AC

Top loop shows this, ignore any words. The loco enters from the left with the points set for straight on, runs round the loop and exits back onto the line to travel back by pushing through the points. These will then spring back to be set for the next train coming from the left.

The lower diagram shows you an automatic continuous run.

Reactions: 1 users

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
This should help: Automatic model railroad reversing loops for DC, DCC or AC

Top loop shows this, ignore any words. The loco enters from the left with the points set for straight on, runs round the loop and exits back onto the line to travel back by pushing through the points. These will then spring back to be set for the next train coming from the left.

The lower diagram shows you an automatic continuous run.
Funnily enough, i noticed on some second-hand points i have, there is a switch that gives a byest to the left or right on the points spring. i wonder if this maybe enough. Thanks

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Funnily enough, i noticed on some second-hand points i have, there is a switch that gives a byest to the left or right on the points spring. i wonder if this maybe enough. Thanks
I use LGB points and they have good, positive push through action.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
The Peco points at Brambleton are push through

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I used the LGB manual point levers set to what ever direction I required and used the push through method, on my last railway.

No electronics here, just standard LGB uncoupling ramps and manual points to give a degree of automation....

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, actually very simple and foolproof, and you see in Scot's video you can make it sort of neutral, or biased towards one path.

Simple and ingenious. We went through this in our local community in the USA about 10 or 15 years ago... Scot's video makes it easier to understand than the early posts. The guy who claims to have invented this idea in 1997 is Todd Brody here in Southern California.